OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sooo. update. Algae has slowed down, ummm... Its bad, tad broke rn to order anything. But on the bright side.... I went to the beach today. Collected some macro algae from the beach. And found a small crab in the macro. So.... I added it all to the tank. LOL.

OP
OP
Musovski

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank.

Things are a tad upset ever since 2 days after i added the macro from my local beach. Crab is alive and doing well. However i did notice a small bug looking thing today, im guessing another hitchhiker, need to get an id on it. Tomorrow the tank is getting ripped apart. Going to finally scape it for the fishy. Also doing a huge water change dipping all rock and coral because something is obviously making things upsetti spaghetti.

All macro is coming out and getting tossed except the agardhs red and graceful red

The Tyree has attached itself to the bottom glass right under the return. Gives me about 2-3 inches of space behind it to leave open.

As for the tank itself, Chemistry wise its been fine, nitrates finally came down to around 40ppm.. better than over 120...

Phos is coming down. this is just on biweekly 50% water changes.

Also figured out the hitchhiker green mystery thing, they are green paly's. No anemone here!! WHOOP WHOOP

wonderbassist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like aiptasia. Ugh! You want to get that rock out and maybe try to scrape off the aiptasia and then poor h2o2 on it and then set fire to it! Next, poor glue all over it to seal every crack, dip in muriatic acid, and then maybe think about drying it out for a year, bleaching and then put it back into the tank.
heehee

I am exaggerating, obviously. But, you do not want them to multiply in such a small tank. At what you have now, get a true peppermint shrimp to eat them up. Or, pull rock and scrub off and douse with h2o2 without hitting coral.

KP Aquatics is where I get my peppermint shrimp and they have always gobbled up my aiptasia. Fast.
My tank has an aiptasia outbreak and I’m moving in a month, going to try torching the mofos while the rock is out. I’ll keep y’all updated

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back