OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine, the light features, PAR/PUR, Lux readings didn't show anything either. I emailed them and they responded quickly by giving a "push" from their end and all was fine. (and yes, mine is the "reef" model) My unit was a returned item or open box from Amazon (or another retailer, I forget), but I would suggest that you email their support team and hopefully they can resolve this quickly?
Here's the response that I received from their support team.

"We have given your device a push form this end so you should be able to access the full light meter now."
Thanks for the input minus9. Guess ill just have to be patient and wait for response.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I'm afraid to open mine that just came in from BRS

Don't be. They can fix everything on their end if there was to be a problem. They tie the seneye into your user account. If you ever sell you have to transfer ownership. Its a simple process that they do on their end. Bought mine used and also sold it with no problems. Wish I would have kept it though.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had mine a day and even though other parameters can be monitored with other devices the par/pur/kelvin is really nice and the mobile app is great. I have to decide if I'm going to keep using it to monitor the tank after the first slide or as needed for light measurements. Since my tank is new and cycling the ammonia monitoring is great.

2b46a208cb179568a1135c74cf4b353c.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just ordered one from BRS. Lets hope mine is the correct one and I don't need a "Push" from Seneye...

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a rare occurrence. Most likely a quality control issue. I've never had troubles with my seneye. Also, no need to be afraid to open the package. Seneyes CS is top notch though a slow response sometimes.

Bobcantbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine for about a year. About 3 times I have lost the par part. Normally just reset comp or unplug unit replug a few times and clean the sensor

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the sale on BRS is great deal I'm sure it probably something they can fix. Its the weekend so don't expect replay till after Monday. Personally i think they should just sell as stand alone par meter. Never going to use the rest of it have apex. I did notice last night that when you register the slide that what tell them what version you bought. I think mine said home not reef. So it should be something easily fixed.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using mine as a monitor while I cycle my tank after that I will use it just for par and pur readings. The readings seem pretty accurate based on what I expected from the different lights I have tested it on so far

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay Guys and ladies. Did what a few of you recommended wait and log back in to computer and BOOM! works. I really think because the software goes on to the seneye servers there might been server issues last night ! i had trouble registering. So i guess the moral to all this is be patient !! #R2R

Seeneye_USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, Michael from Seneye North America here.

Looks like this support has been resolved but just to reasure, no the Reef does not need to be upgraded for the light meter to work, if you ever get any set up problems drop Seneye and email at [email protected]. If you want a call back as they are in the UK, then email me at [email protected]

There is a promo on right now through Reef2Reef SPONSOR Premium aquatics where you get the Home for 15% off AND you can upgrade it through Seneye to a Reef for FREE. That means you are getting a REEF for $127.91
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/seneye-home-aquarium-monitor.html

Just email [email protected] once you have purchased and they will upgrade your unit to a reef for free.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, Michael from Seneye North America here.

Looks like this support has been resolved but just to reasure, no the Reef does not need to be upgraded for the light meter to work, if you ever get any set up problems drop Seneye and email at [email protected]. If you want a call back as they are in the UK, then email me at [email protected]

There is a promo on right now through Reef2Reef SPONSOR Premium aquatics where you get the Home for 15% off AND you can upgrade it through Seneye to a Reef for FREE. That means you are getting a REEF for $127.91
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/seneye-home-aquarium-monitor.html

Just email [email protected] once you have purchased and they will upgrade your unit to a reef for free.

It's great to see you supporting your product here and joining the conversation I do have a quick question my seneye sends random out of water emails alerts to me what can be causing this as the sensor is mounted par sensor up on the bottom of my bare bottom tank and hasn't left the tank since I set it up 2 days ago

Thanks Len

Seeneye_USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Len,
There are only two reasons for this, the first being software needs updating and the second is interference from things like ballasts or water pumps. Try both if it continues we can get Seneye to do an event capture off the main server and see when exactly it is happening and then work with you to see what is switching on and off at around the same time to cause a blip in the readings.

Anyone that needs help just email us [email protected], main support is at [email protected] but we are happy to bridge the Atlantic Sea gap ;)

FFKiwi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. i ust ordered the Seneye Reef monitor that you are all talking about. i don't have a PC. Just an iPhone, iPad and a Macbook. I know it doesn't work on the Mac yet, about does the app work on an iPhone or iPad so it'll be okay? or will this not work?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. i ust ordered the Seneye Reef monitor that you are all talking about. i don't have a PC. Just an iPhone, iPad and a Macbook. I know it doesn't work on the Mac yet, about does the app work on an iPhone or iPad so it'll be okay? or will this not work?

You need to connect the device via USB to something running the app like a laptop. If you bought their wifi hub then this isn't needed

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to say few words about Seneye. Great Customer service I email Friday night got reply first thing Monday morning. Plus they also commented On this post. Everything works as promised. Well worth the money. For a PAR meter cheapest you can buy. But just my personal opinion for tank monitoring unless you have Laptop or PC that you can leave on 24/7. Or you pay extra 279.99 for Wifi web server That's way to much. That put it in the range of thing like APEX with much more options.. If the company would let you use any usb network adapter that would be game changer. With that said for base line PAR meter I recommend 100% company has great service. So i'm sure they will be improving.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back