Seneye Reef no more par reading unless you pay

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi has anyone seen that Seneye reef has changed there software? I just got mine from BRS everything on there page says it still comes with par reading as part of the program. Even on the box but when i downloaded the software it says upgrade add-on 60 more dollars. This is Bad customer PR specially sense the box says all that comes with purchase. Has anyone else seen this or I'm i wrong ?

dunc101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this is not the case as well as I just ordered it specifically for the PAR meter. Anyways, I know they make a seneye pond and regular seneye home that do not come with the PAR meter. Maybe you are looking under the wrong "seneye" product? Do you have the meter on hand yet?

The one BRS is selling is the seneye reef which should have the integrated PAR meter.

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D228EDCD-9E99-4AA9-B30E-FB76222B7A71.png

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $60add-on light meter is for those that bought the seneye pond or seneye Home. If you bought the reef, then you got the par/light reader.

the one i bought lol and after downloading software still says upgrade. No other instructions about par upgrade two littles cards on about where to download software and on for email when slide runs out. I'm i missing important step?
Acu
Untitled.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine from BRS today I downloaded the app and par and pur reading are working just fine. I have it running on an old laptop as a server and added the app to my phone as well

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine from BRS today I downloaded the app and par and pur reading are working just fine. I have it running on an old laptop as a server and added the app to my phone as well
lbacha maybe im doing something wrong did you download the software from http://start.seneye.com or do i have to download phone app to?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the bottom of their home page is a download link I clicked on that and followed the insteuctions

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked online and it says that upgrade is only if your seneye is a home or pond. I wonder if they put the wrong one in the box

OP
OP
Davster007

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone else for locked out of the par meter last month, but no update on resolution. Maybe checkout this thread and see if OP got a resolution. Someone else in the thread had the same problem as you, they returned it..
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/seriously-seneye.332113/
Yes that's what I'm think the support from seneye is probably lacking. No toll free number out of country. But thanks to everyone trying to help.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hope you get this resolved. Seneye was at the top of my list for budget par meters...

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I bought mine, the light features, PAR/PUR, Lux readings didn't show anything either. I emailed them and they responded quickly by giving a "push" from their end and all was fine. (and yes, mine is the "reef" model) My unit was a returned item or open box from Amazon (or another retailer, I forget), but I would suggest that you email their support team and hopefully they can resolve this quickly?
Here's the response that I received from their support team.

"We have given your device a push form this end so you should be able to access the full light meter now."

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back