Sent the wrong fish! Will have to rehome..

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from Dr Reef…Waited over a month for a Liopropoma Swalesi and received a Liopropoma Rubre today.
I’m sad because I really only had room for one basslet in my nano reef. I LOVE basslets!

No other reputable website had a L.Swalesi for sale, and that’s why I chose to purchase from Dr. Reef.

Now they are getting “the right fish” for me..if anyone near Woodstock GA will be looking for a peppermint basslet friend in a month or so, will have to rehome him!

C248D14A-3835-4CB5-B296-AC2C5374CE1C.jpeg AF803C78-1753-4615-9441-7C7B26035B76.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    8 MB

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peppermints are my favorite basslet! i might order one but they are quite expensive (or at least the site i checked) so it probably wont happen (i dont think i will every order a fish online) so unless my lfs has one i wont get it.:frowning-face:

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peppermints are my favorite basslet! i might order one but they are quite expensive (or at least the site i checked) so it probably wont happen (i dont think i will every order a fish online) so unless my lfs has one i wont get it.:frowning-face:
Yes they can be expensive! Ordering fish online is a tad risky but I have to do it since I have no great LFS near me.
Some LFS will let you request a fish, so you might try that? Worth a shot!

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell to premier aquatics. The only good thing about their ridiculous prices is they will buy your fish for a lot!
$110 for a blood red cleaner shrimp! :oops:

I’ll take care of this L.Rubre until the next comes, then probably find a good home for him rather than giving him to a store :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$110 for a blood red cleaner shrimp! :oops:

I’ll take care of this L.Rubre until the next comes, then probably find a good home for him rather than giving him to a store :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
I had a pair of blue throat triggers that got too aggressive. I made a profit off premier….

There are so many crazy examples. 80$ for a common firefish, 450$ for a mag fox :eek: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MantisShrimpMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your definition of a reputable website? I know of at least one other website with swalesi basslets for sale

MantisShrimpMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sell to premier aquatics. The only good thing about their ridiculous prices is they will buy your fish for a lot!
What is their website and how do you sell to them? Only found a super old hard to navigate website when i looked online.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your definition of a reputable website? I know of at least one other website with swalesi basslets for sale
If you could send me the link for the future that would be awesome!
What is their website and how do you sell to them? Only found a super old hard to navigate website when i looked online.
It’s a fish store here in Georgia, you can bring fish to their location to sell to them. They don’t have a great website lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from Dr Reef…Waited over a month for a Liopropoma Swalesi and received a Liopropoma Rubre today.
I’m sad because I really only had room for one basslet in my nano reef. I LOVE basslets!

No other reputable website had a L.Swalesi for sale, and that’s why I chose to purchase from Dr. Reef.

Now they are getting “the right fish” for me..if anyone near Woodstock GA will be looking for a peppermint basslet friend in a month or so, will have to rehome him!

C248D14A-3835-4CB5-B296-AC2C5374CE1C.jpeg AF803C78-1753-4615-9441-7C7B26035B76.jpeg
This is why I wish I lived across the pond, I’d love to take him from you. Hopefully he finds a good home when your next comes :)

crow14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they can be expensive! Ordering fish online is a tad risky but I have to do it since I have no great LFS near me.
Some LFS will let you request a fish, so you might try that? Worth a shot!
If you don't mind a bit of a drive there is a store here in Chattanooga (Bermuda Triangle) that I've really good success with. A tad on the pricey side but worth it to me to get healthy fish that I can observe in person before buying.

Also, if you need a home for the peppermint basslet when it comes time I would be willing to drive down to get him. I've got 170 gal and I've been debating about getting a basslet for it.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind a bit of a drive there is a store here in Chattanooga (Bermuda Triangle) that I've really good success with. A tad on the pricey side but worth it to me to get healthy fish that I can observe in person before buying.

Also, if you need a home for the peppermint basslet when it comes time I would be willing to drive down to get him. I've got 170 gal and I've been debating about getting a basslet for it.
Sure I’ll let you know! And okay awesome I’ll keep in mind that fish store, thanks so much!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back