Serpent star, chopped into pieces !!! HELP

1stPhantom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2024
Messages
143
Reaction score
107
Location
Feasterville-Trevose
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I have a tendency of cutting off flow and filtration when I feed and I do a mass feeding for all things inside my tank. I have tidal 75 on my 20 long I find it provides enough flow for my corals and good filtration so I cut it on and I hear what sounds like the motor choking up so I turn it off and off and on and was like screw it and even though I’m not supposed to clean it for a while let me see what’s going on, so I take it apart and low and behold one of my red serpent stars is chopped up in the motor four out of five appendages were cut off completely but the disk the size of a dime is fully intact. It’s still moving with that one appendage should I be worried please help
 
Hello, so I have a tendency of cutting off flow and filtration when I feed and I do a mass feeding for all things inside my tank. I have tidal 75 on my 20 long I find it provides enough flow for my corals and good filtration so I cut it on and I hear what sounds like the motor choking up so I turn it off and off and on and was like screw it and even though I’m not supposed to clean it for a while let me see what’s going on, so I take it apart and low and behold one of my red serpent stars is chopped up in the motor four out of five appendages were cut off completely but the disk the size of a dime is fully intact. It’s still moving with that one appendage should I be worried please help
If the disk is intact, it has a chance - just make sure it can't get into the equipment again, that it's not going to be preyed on by anything in the tank, that it gets plenty of good food, and that the water quality is good, and it should regrow the damaged limbs in time.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new