set up ideas

KieranQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, i am looking for as many ideas as possible, the better half has gave me permission for a tank build in our new home! we are currently strengthening floor joist on the first floor to have the aquarium upstairs.. with all the work that is going on right now i am waay to busy to be looking and scouting the internet for set up ideas! i am hoping i can start this thread and keep popping back to it reading how others have managed to reduce maintenance time or make water changes easy or even set things up to make life easier with water drains or refill hoses built in to the house as i am a lazy reefer monday to friday due to work commitments.
any ideas what so ever is appreciated and am sure will be appreciated by others.
feel free to throw ideas out there!
kieran

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, i am looking for as many ideas as possible, the better half has gave me permission for a tank build in our new home! we are currently strengthening floor joist on the first floor to have the aquarium upstairs.. with all the work that is going on right now i am waay to busy to be looking and scouting the internet for set up ideas! i am hoping i can start this thread and keep popping back to it reading how others have managed to reduce maintenance time or make water changes easy or even set things up to make life easier with water drains or refill hoses built in to the house as i am a lazy reefer monday to friday due to work commitments.
any ideas what so ever is appreciated and am sure will be appreciated by others.
feel free to throw ideas out there!
kieran
What size tank do you want? As far as maintenance, auto water changes (eg using the Neptune DOS) and dosing pumps (I use BRS 1.1ml/min pumps) save a lot of time maintenance wise. I’d also get an auto topoff unit so you don’t have to manually add fresh water due to evaporation. Finally, my Apex monitors a ton of things so I don’t have to do it manually. Good luck!

Jogging stroller dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We began our journey with a bio cube 3 years ago and the only complaint is how difficult to expand. It’s a plug and play option and WONDERFUL. But then i I got big tank fever and the only prescription is a bigger tank. Budget, space, and commitment to end goal might help direct some recommendations.

Attachments

• 6864A882-24BF-42F4-8473-A216C767E79B.jpeg
    6864A882-24BF-42F4-8473-A216C767E79B.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 21

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back