SethSPST's 5 Gallon Cube

SethSPST

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pics of my wife's 10" cube. It's about 5 gallons, has a wier cut in the back that drains into a HOB fuge/return, with a maxijet 900 set up almost like a closed loop. The HOB is drilled for a 3/4" bulkhead, and the back of the tank is drilled for two 1/2" returns. Has about 3-5 lbs of marco rocks sand, and about 2-3 pounds of rock. Rock is just scattered on the bottom right now. Light is a 65w CFl. Inhabitants are some Nass snails, rics, and zoas.

It was set up in december. Since I set it up I've battled flatworms and now I'm battling hair algae.

FTS
IMG_6019.jpg


One of Rics
IMG_6018.jpg



Shot of back of the tank
IMG_5901.jpg
 
I like that. its cool. Did you make the tank yourself? Where would one find a 5g Cube if not DIY?
 
You should definitely add a lot more rock. I would also be better if you stacked the rocks instead of leaving them in the sand. You can look at some other nano tanks to see what I mean. That is a great tank though, and it has a lot of potential. What kind of lighting are you using?
 
The tank was given to me by a friend, not sure where he got it. The rocks have since been stacked. I've added a few more pieces of rubble, but like to keep the rockwork to a minimum. I'm don't like my tanks half packed full of rock. I added a yellow clown goby and a dwarf blue leg this weekend. They'll be the sole inhabitants until I set up my 58. Then everything will get transferred over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new