Setting up Trident and Dos system today....Helpful hints and tricks?

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my trident set up for about a week now, and it seems to be running smoothly. Now, I want to set up the DOS, and my hope is to have the two working together.

I've tried to find videos/webpages with any step by step....or help, and haven't found anything really that helpful. Does anyone here have advice? A video to watch? Keys on how to get the DOS and Trident to work together?

TIA

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried just using the setup that apex fusion gives you? Those have helped me a lot in the past. I’m sure others will chime in.

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a detailed thread about my whole experience with the Trident and DOS, with lots of screenshots, graphs, and details on how I fine-tuned my dosing:

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one heck of a time on my first DOS getting the thing sealed up correctly. I ended up switching over to john guest fittings which has worked well so far. Other than that it works great and the user interface seems easy enough to get use to. Id get it all plugged in and just play with it a bit, its fairly straightforward. I would suggest you take a look at the task function in apex. It will make life easy.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one heck of a time on my first DOS getting the thing sealed up correctly. I ended up switching over to john guest fittings which has worked well so far. Other than that it works great and the user interface seems easy enough to get use to. Id get it all plugged in and just play with it a bit, its fairly straightforward. I would suggest you take a look at the task function in apex. It will make life easy.
I’ve always had good success for air-tight connections by first soaking the tubing in near-boiling water to soften it before connecting to the stock DOS fitting. I have also used the John Guest fittings, but I’d recommend new DOS users to try the hot water technique first.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always had good success for air-tight connections by first soaking the tubing in near-boiling water to soften it before connecting to the stock DOS fitting. I have also used the John Guest fittings, but I’d recommend new DOS users to try the hot water technique first.
My tubing kept cracking for whatever reason. I just got tired of messing with it. I’m sure the hot water trick works well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back