Settings for lighting

ameerun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I have a Red Sea Max C130 and replaced the standard lights with a LED system from Steve's Led, in combination with a Bluefish mini controller.

Having a 'regular' tank with some fish, lower animals and hammer coral, what would you suggest to be the best settings for the different channels? And what would you suggest to be the right numbers of hours of lighting?

Thanks!

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, I have a Red Sea Max C130 and replaced the standard lights with a LED system from Steve's Led, in combination with a Bluefish mini controller.

Having a 'regular' tank with some fish, lower animals and hammer coral, what would you suggest to be the best settings for the different channels? And what would you suggest to be the right numbers of hours of lighting?

Thanks!
Do you access to a PAR meter? I can provide PAR values that will get the job done.

OP
OP
ameerun

ameerun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you access to a PAR meter? I can provide PAR values that will get the job done.
Thanks Dana, if I'm correct a PAR measures the light intensity? No, I don't have that... Looking for recommendations about the different channel intensities and how much hours of light per day ...

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dana, if I'm correct a PAR measures the light intensity? No, I don't have that... Looking for recommendations about the different channel intensities and how much hours of light per day ...
Yes, a PAR meter will measure light intensity. I can't help with channel settings since I'm not familiar with that system. I can say a 12-hour photoperiod is my preference.

Jonathan Troutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!

I believe BRS rents out par meters. It is really how you should set up your lighting.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Good question.....and good luck with answer!

Red Sea has suggested setting which is good start. But depends what your goals are and what your corals need/like.

Then what look do you like!

Most suggest high Uv, Violet, and both Blues. Low low green and red, plus Cool White to tastes.

Good luck. Go slow and give corals time to tell you what they like and not.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back