Sexy behavior ???

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sexy shrimp with a bunch of other stuff that came with a 30 bio cube I bought a couple weeks ago. I Don’t really know much about them but it would seem they like having a host. Mine has decided my new dendro is home. Does anyone else have a sexy shrimp that likes to host something in their tank I’m assuming this is normal behavior. I was planning on taking the little guy along with a few other things to a lfs for credit but I’m growing fond of the little guy. I think I’m going to keep him as long as he is no threat to my dendro???

My shrimp in his pricey orange home.
d101_3083.jpg

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of them in a 20g some time ago. They would rather host in anemones but will also seek out similar type places to host in. Most people do not have any issues with them, but I unfortunately had an issue with 1 of 4 of the ones I got.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788&highlight=sexy+shrimp

In the end they are pretty cool inverts. I believe that my main issue was that I was not feeding them enough and they turned to other food sources.

Let us know what you decide.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed the dendro every other day so the shrimp will be well fed and I will keep a much closer eye on hem after hearing about your bad luck with them. Thanks for the info

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few in my 14 gal. They tend to host diff things from time to time. Thyre fun to watch whenever i can spot them out

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 167 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back