Sexy shrimps nibbling on algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've put in a chunk of algae from my ATS into the tank and the sexys rushed in to eat it.
Sure they like the meaty food or pellets but from what I've observed, they sure like them algaes. I don't get this kind of reaction when I put in pellets or even bits of frozen clams.
They also seem to prefer some algae over others. I feed them algae bits from ATS time to time and sometimes many of them rush in on a particular bit of algae.
Maybe it's because I don't have hardly any algae growing in my tank they don't get to eat it as often as the meaty stuff I feed them.
IMG_20210114_191219.jpg

IMG_20210114_191215.jpg
 
Very cute! I noticed mine picking on the rocks a little, but they seem to go really crazy when I squirt a little cloud of reefroids at them. They also host my BTA (which is a natural behavior, except they are normally found on condy anemones in the wild) and they love stealing food from the anemone. Not really sure why they prefer stealing because I give them the same food I give the anemone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new