Sexy shrimps nibbling on algae

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've put in a chunk of algae from my ATS into the tank and the sexys rushed in to eat it.
Sure they like the meaty food or pellets but from what I've observed, they sure like them algaes. I don't get this kind of reaction when I put in pellets or even bits of frozen clams.
They also seem to prefer some algae over others. I feed them algae bits from ATS time to time and sometimes many of them rush in on a particular bit of algae.
Maybe it's because I don't have hardly any algae growing in my tank they don't get to eat it as often as the meaty stuff I feed them.
IMG_20210114_191219.jpg

IMG_20210114_191215.jpg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cute! I noticed mine picking on the rocks a little, but they seem to go really crazy when I squirt a little cloud of reefroids at them. They also host my BTA (which is a natural behavior, except they are normally found on condy anemones in the wild) and they love stealing food from the anemone. Not really sure why they prefer stealing because I give them the same food I give the anemone

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back