Sfin's Dream.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a companion hobby, I love taking pics of my tanks, the camera is just for the tanks, I like to share what I see. :)
Sitting here wondering... Ummm Why would you state... That... I only takes pics of my Tanks..The camera is just For The Tanks... Me thinks you has pictures on there ... Ummmm Maybe you don't want anyone to see.... Huuummm me thinks that. :)

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added more lights and started feeding reefroids. I also started making my own food which I believe is also feeding the coral.

@Magellan thanks for sharing your experience with amino acids and such. I started using seachem fuel. In a couple of months I hope to see some positive results
No problem! Corals are animals, they want to eat! Just remember that you are feeding everything in the tank, not just the corals lol (so don’t feed too much too quickly, or you will get a big algae bloom like I did). But in my opinion, a little bit of algae shouldn’t be stressed about..Shrek and the rest of the CUC has to eat too!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Corals are animals, they want to eat! Just remember that you are feeding everything in the tank, not just the corals lol (so don’t feed too much too quickly, or you will get a big algae bloom like I did). But in my opinion, a little bit of algae shouldn’t be stressed about..Shrek and the rest of the CUC has to eat too!
My tank laughs at algae. Well shrek adores the green troll hair.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200111_130852_01.jpg

@LadyMac thank you. You pushed me over the edge.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with a nem that's not been looking the best. Bleached, lost of tenticles length and small. The mouth is not gaping.
Possible problems.
Nitrates are very high.
I was target feeding everyday. @Katrina71 was extremely demanding I stop. Told me 6 times in the course of a couple of hours. Don't worry I have.
Also lighting has come to mind.

At night the nem expands 3 sizes bigger. Two days ago I found it on the sand. I moved it higher up in the tank and it quickly went to a less lighted are of the tank. It's position is in the middle of two large leathers and a colony of zoas.

I'm not touching it. It's also a lot bigger than it use to be in that spot. Still bleached but definitely more inflated.

Attached is pics of how it looks now
IMG_20200112_161004240.jpg
IMG_20200112_161451212_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with a nem that's not been looking the best. Bleached, lost of tenticles length and small. The mouth is not gaping.
Possible problems.
Nitrates are very high.
I was target feeding everyday. @Katrina71 was extremely demanding I stop. Told me 6 times in the course of a couple of hours. Don't worry I have.
Also lighting has come to mind.

At night the nem expands 3 sizes bigger. Two days ago I found it on the sand. I moved it higher up in the tank and it quickly went to a less lighted are of the tank. It's position is in the middle of two large leathers and a colony of zoas.

I'm not touching it. It's also a lot bigger than it use to be in that spot. Still bleached but definitely more inflated.

Attached is pics of how it looks now
IMG_20200112_161004240.jpg
IMG_20200112_161451212_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

NO3... you know all about them and what to do.

You recently replaced your T5 lamps, right? How old were the old lamps? Could be a combo of high NO3 and bump in PAR with new lamps.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO3... you know all about them and what to do.

You recently replaced your T5 lamps, right? How old were the old lamps? Could be a combo of high NO3 and bump in PAR with new lamps.
I don't think it's the lights. It was going down hill before the change in bulbs. Nitrates dosing 20 Mill nopox daily. Upping to 30. The purigen will be added with nitrate reducing pads.

I'm thinking about adding in tank fuge area simple made with egg crate. And a simple grow light. In the corners.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back