OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested copper and it was low. Dosed last night and tested this morning still low dosed a little more this morning and will test tonight.

I know the clock reset.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested copper and it was low. Dosed last night and tested this morning still low dosed a little more this morning and will test tonight.

I know the clock reset.
What copper are you using?

If copper power or similar, then you can run to a little higher to account for some absorption and never fall below therapeutic. If cupramine, can't do it. Fine line with it and it seems to be absorbed quicker by things.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using cuppermine. I know I have to get it to .5.

After I lost the kole and royal gramma I ran about 2 tablespoons of carbon over night . I think that was it.

I also installed a maxi jet 1200 and filtering that through a sock. Will the sock absorb that copper?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After I lost the kole and royal gramma I ran about 2 tablespoons of carbon over night . I think that was it.

I also installed a maxi jet 1200 and filtering that through a sock. Will the sock absorb that copper?
The filter sock will not absorb copper unless it's a polyfill type sock.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can dose Cupramine to .8, but I am for .6 to account for the little abosorption that happens with the plastic in HOB filters, the little sand for wrasses, etc. If I do .6, then never has dropped below .5, even with a small bowl of sand.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you need to do a water change make sure you treat new water with copper to the level you need before you add it to the tank. That way your copper level in qt tank will not drops

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you need to do a water change make sure you treat new water with copper to the level you need before you add it to the tank. That way your copper level in qt tank will not drops
I don't subscribe to this at all and don't think there is any data to support that a Momentary drop in copper will allow a lifecycle restart.

If troponts hatch in the 4 minutes my qt water is sub therapeutic, They don't have the opportunity to reach the breeding stage and interrupt the cycle.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't subscribe to this at all and don't think there is any data to support that a Momentary drop in copper will allow a lifecycle restart.

If troponts hatch in the 4 minutes my qt water is sub therapeutic, They don't have the opportunity to reach the breeding stage and interrupt the cycle.
It may be overkill but I have high end fish too and not willing to take any chances. What ever makes you comfortable go for it I always say.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose Cupramine to .8, but I am for .6 to account for the little abosorption that happens with the plastic in HOB filters, the little sand for wrasses, etc. If I do .6, then never has dropped below .5, even with a small bowl of sand.
Felt filter sock. I don't have a hob filer for the stock tank

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go Blue March Madness GIF by University of Michigan

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's everyone doing?
Fish are doing well. Copper up to 0.6. Right where it should be. 0.5-0.6 is the range being closer to 6 gives me wiggle room for rocks and sand

Back