OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! Those white CADE systems are so clean.
Thanks!
The white cabinets do look great, and to think I wasn’t even sure if I’d like it after having black cabinets for years lol.
But I’m glad I took the plunge, like you said they definitely look clean.

Last edited:

Its only Money

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures of the reef mat or the mod you made to the 600? Have the same set up with reef mat pushed forward towards the front and skimmer off set to back corner. I would like to see what you did to the sock area..TY

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures of the reef mat or the mod you made to the 600? Have the same set up with reef mat pushed forward towards the front and skimmer off set to back corner. I would like to see what you did to the sock area..TY
Hey there, I haven’t touched to sock area I just left it as is for now, but I do have a small reactor behind the ReefMat which runs gfo. I also have a pax bellum plumbed in but not online yet, and once it is the reactor will be going.

Attachments

• IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 128

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very clean build mate, looks amazing! Well done, thanks for bringing us along! Those Cade tanks are amazing, I do love my 1200 :star-struck:

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very clean build mate, looks amazing! Well done, thanks for bringing us along! Those Cade tanks are amazing, I do love my 1200 :star-struck:
Thanks mate, it’s still a work in progress and I’m nearly at the point where the tank will basically run itself. I just checked out your build thread, you’ve got some nice tank setups there!

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Last weekend I swapped out my Vectra S2 return pump for the Reef Factory base pump 5000. This pump is awesome, it's dead silent and being a wifi pump it enables me to control it from anywhere.
I also added the Reef Factory smart feeder which is great being able to feed my fish anytime I want, the Eheim auto feeder was pretty reliable but manually set where a wifi feeder is next level.
I also swapped out my ReefMat 500 for the 250, it’s a smaller footprint and gives me more room in the sump to play with and it’s doing a great job so far.
Plus my Pax Bellum is finally online! I've connected it to one of the Cade manifolds so I didn't have to add another pump, and so far so good. I'm curious to see what it does to my nutrients and whether or not my chaetos going to grow or not, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
And finally, one of my nems has split so I now have 3! :) I only bought it 9 months ago so at this rate it's going to be one every 3 months lol.

Happy reefing! IMG_8332.jpeg IMG_8369.jpeg IMG_8291.jpeg

Last edited:

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very tidy, especially with the change to the Reefmat 250, certainly opened it up a lot more for you.
What made you swap the Vectra out? Just to get the wifi or was the other one noisy?

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very tidy, especially with the change to the Reefmat 250, certainly opened it up a lot more for you.
What made you swap the Vectra out? Just to get the wifi or was the other one noisy?
Hey thanks mate!
Yeah the 250 has definitely opened up the sump more, the plan was to have the pax in there but will see how we go.
I went with base pump as I’m trying to automate the tank as much as possible. I have 9 Reef Factory pieces of equipment now which basically monitor/control the tank, and being able to use my phone or computer anywhere to check and change anything is what I’m aiming for.
I used to stress about the tank when I was away from home, but not anymore lol.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks mate!
Yeah the 250 has definitely opened up the sump more, the plan was to have the pax in there but will see how we go.
I went with base pump as I’m trying to automate the tank as much as possible. I have 9 Reef Factory pieces of equipment now which basically monitor/control the tank, and being able to use my phone or computer anywhere to check and change anything is what I’m aiming for.
I used to stress about the tank when I was away from home, but not anymore lol.
Yeah fair enough and makes sense.
I do love the idea of automating as much as possible. Maybe one day, it's just so costly lol.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah fair enough and makes sense.
I do love the idea of automating as much as possible. Maybe one day, it's just so costly lol.
Yeah automating is the way of the future imo, but to be fair Reef Factory equipment is reasonably priced especially when compared to Neptune systems for example.

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Last weekend I swapped out my Vectra S2 return pump for the Reef Factory base pump 5000. This pump is awesome, it's dead silent and being a wifi pump it enables me to control it from anywhere.
I also added the Reef Factory smart feeder which is great being able to feed my fish anytime I want using my phone.
My Eheim auto feeder was pretty reliable but manually set, where is a wifi feeder is next level.
I also swapped out my ReefMat 500 for the 250, it’s a smaller footprint and gives me more room in the sump to play with and it’s doing a great job so far.
And my Pax Bellum is finally online! I've connected it to one of the Cade manifolds so I didn't have to add another pump, and so far so good. I'm curious to see what it does to my nutrients and whether or not my chaetos going to grow or not, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Also my 4 new 800ml Voss dosing containers are fantastic, the slimline bottles fit perfectly.
And finally, my nem has split again so I now have 3! :) I only bought it 9 months ago so at this rate it's one every 3 months lol.

Happy reefing! IMG_8332.jpeg IMG_8369.jpeg IMG_8291.jpeg
Sump’s looking great mate! No experience with a Pax bellem will be curious what you think of it. I wonder if you removed the media basket section if your Pax would fit? Having it outside the sump would freak me out a bit :p.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump’s looking great mate! No experience with a Pax bellem will be curious what you think of it. I wonder if you removed the media basket section if your Pax would fit? Having it outside the sump would freak me out a bit :p.
Thanks mate! Yeah I know what you mean about having the pax setup externally, but all the hoses are cable tied and I've made sure all the fittings are secured tightly.
I removed the media section on my 600 and it worked fine and I was contemplating doing it to this sump, but so far there hasn't even been one drop of water anywhere in the cabinet touch wood so all good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if the pax was in the sump then It would probably create an algae issue from the light spill, so for now I'm fine with it being in the cabinet.

PS I’m actually more worried about my ato float valve failing and dumping 25L of RO into the sump :face-with-spiral-eyes:

Last edited:

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, stumbled on this thread while looking for info on the cafe s900 and s1200. Do the Cade tanks have armored silicone seams and bottom perimeter brace?
Also is it easy or possible to clean the building rodi ATO reservoir?
Thanks

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, stumbled on this thread while looking for info on the cafe s900 and s1200. Do the Cade tanks have armored silicone seams and bottom perimeter brace?
Also is it easy or possible to clean the building rodi ATO reservoir?
Thanks
Hey mate, My tank doesn’t have armoured seams and I’m pretty sure other sized Cade tanks don’t either. You can clean the ATO reservoir by lifting the lids on top, but I don’t bother.
Hope this helps!

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

So the pax has been running for a week now and I was curious to see how it was going, so I pulled it out and was quite surprised with the result.

Before
IMG_8442.jpeg

After
IMG_8441.jpeg

The chaeto has grown so much in a week and I didn’t even use the recommended pax solutions, mainly because I haven’t got any yet.
It’s quite interesting that I’ve let it run as is and it’s doing such a great job, my no3 and po4 have dropped a little bit but you have to let these reactors run for a few weeks before seeing noticeable results.
Apart from that the tanks been going good, it’s Black Friday weekend so I’m off to see if I can find me some cheap corals.
Happy reefing!

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there a reason to keep the filter sock in with the reefmat? I am working on setting up my 900 and want to find a roller mat that works well. In the filter sock chamber would be awesome, but I don’t know that it’s big enough area for it to make sense.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back