Sharing my barebottom reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter GOSKN5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Painting the bottom of the tank white is a real nice idea and so simple it is elegant.
 
Thank you for the quick reply. I will see if I can find white textured paint in a spray can. If not I'll go with a base white.

Do you apply more that one coat?

am going to go with an Innovation Marine fusion 20 gallon and and a skimmer. Need to learn to do a better job with water parameters
I applied several thin coats... it adhered well... maybe 5ish coats
Nice tank must be easy to clean
Thanks.. very easy to clean... weekly water change I can clean whole bottom free of detrius quickly
Very nice set up. Did you consider putting starboard on the bottom instead of paint?
I did... but paint was easier than ordering etc.. I also like that it's still glass... I scrape it just like the sides...
 
You just convinced me to go bare bottom. Not sure if I should go with starboard or your method. What do you use to clean the bottom?
 
I use the Kents scraper... it's long handled... although the tank is only 16" deep anyway... works great... I only scrape the front open sections.. takes about 30 seconds..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new