Sharing my Maroons hosting my BTA!

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just wanted to share this,
So I have had two ocellaris clowns in my tank for about 5 months and never wanted ANYTHING to do with my bubble tip. I tried all the tricks to try and get them to host and they just didn’t want too.
One thing I always wanted, was to have clowns host an anemone in my tank. I did a lot of research, and getting advice from all of you guys on putting a pair of Maroons in with my pair of Ocellaris. Well... I went against the odds when I walked into my LFS with no intentions, and made an impulse purchase of 2 beautiful lightning maroon clowns hosting an awesome carpet nem. So I bought the whole thing, clowns AND the carpet.
I put the maroons in with the carpet, and PLOT TWIST, the maroons found my BTA and decided they enjoyed that better and have been in it every since.
Fighting between to two pairs is minimal, only involves maroons pushing ocellaris away when they get too close.

1/2 way successful. Now next challenge is to get these ocellaris to host the carpet nem!!!

5D1583A0-DA6F-4CC4-A385-7C1DBCCB5263.jpeg

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, not surprised your maroons went to the bta since that is the only anemone species they associate with in the wild.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back