OP
OP
D

dell2go

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric Borneman has been shiping SPS wraped in a good quality paper towel then diped in tank water so the towel is all wet then placed in plastic bags with far better results of survival rates than any other method of shiping.. Plus pollip extension is a lot faster after intro to tank. for quite a few years

JR,

Now, that's good info. Thanks.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many SPS corals and some LPS spend part of their day exposed during low tide. It's amazing what they can withstand. I'm not saying don't use any water, but they're tougher than we think too.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric Borneman recommends that technique if corals will go from tank to tank in less than 12 hours. Any longer and small amounts of water are suggested.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use a box any bigger than it has to be. If it's too big, cut it down. FedEx charges by what they call "dimensional weight" to allow for the space the package takes up on the aircraft. They use a formula of (L x W x H (in inches)) / 194 to calculate the "dimensional weight". You will pay for the *higher* of that weight rounded up to the next pound *or* the actual weight of the package.

As an example, if I ship an empty cardboard box measuring 12 x 12 x 7, I'll pay for 6 pounds!

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messed around with box sizes last nite, got the shipping down to around $60 or so for Priority..

That means I have to make my frags smaller!!!

What to do, sell big frags and send through USPS, or tiny frags and send through FedEx....

Hmmmm.....

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric Borneman recommends that technique if corals will go from tank to tank in less than 12 hours. Any longer and small amounts of water are suggested.

Thats weird he himself collected acro's from the wild and carried them home like that. The only way he could get them home with out melting..
I suppose the little water is to keep the paper towel wet

JR,

SteveOhh

******* Coral Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of it depends on how many packages you ship. For example, I ordered a Radio Flyer wagon from Amazon.com & selected next day shipping & they charged me $3.99. The box weighed 55 lbs. How they got it shipped for $3.99 is beyond me............

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just shipped a large box (24x24x8 LWH) via a local shipper here for $7.96. That is overnight shipping but only a short distance. UPS/Fed-Ex/USPS were at least twice that ammount...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back