• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Shipping delays- am i burnt?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a chance at 48 hours. Quickly act and don't stress the coral more. For example. I would not dip this one since that can cause more stress, but I have safe places to land them.

If you have a way, take the temp of the bag as soon as you open the box. A meat thermometer, heat gun or something accurate. It can tell you a lot.

You will not get a refund from any shipping company for the coral cost. They might refund the shipping cost, but sometimes they don't do that. Somebody just has to eat this as a cost of doing business. It totally sucks.

Many sellers build all of this into their costs and will make it right. ...one of the reasons why I hate it when people complain about frags costing so much since this is a real cost.
It isn’t your job to deal with ups. You didn’t ship it. Seller is responsible for shipping and arriving in good shape no matter what bs they put on tos. Get a refund and let them deal with it.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give the seller a chance to reship. This way, it doesn't be a total loss for them. Asking for a refund is a total loss of money, shipping and the coral. If they refuse, then check back with us.

Nearly everybody has had this happen, but it does not make it any less hard.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @jda, give the seller a chance. They should ship you another coral, though most don't cover shipping the replacement, so you may have to pay a little for shipping. Ask the seller what they are going to do for you.

OP
OP
Feet Pixel

Feet Pixel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this on ebay, here are some pics and the conversation so far I don’t even know what to say to him, I dread coming across as confrontational but this was such a waste of money and he isn’t offering much. Just ask something like “what can be done for me?” or???
I don’t know what the protocol is. I included a picture of what I ordered and his description. I noticed it doesn’t say anything waiving DOA
CE04EF4B-CE98-435D-987E-58C08DA9B23D.jpeg
57F96B78-27D0-4DF2-B933-C5A8D6F77569.jpeg
EC5BFD3E-7820-4DD0-94F6-496F21A8873B.jpeg

2BB41AD5-DBBE-4618-A534-99FADCA737A0.png
8A00716D-4469-455C-9689-4440BA398CEB.png

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this on ebay, here are some pics and the conversation so far I don’t even know what to say to him, I dread coming across as confrontational but this was such a waste of money and he isn’t offering much. Just ask something like “what can be done for me?” or???
I don’t know what the protocol is. I included a picture of what I ordered and his description. I noticed it doesn’t say anything waiving DOA

Just ask him straight up... Any chance you can ship another.
Even if you have to pay for shipping.

For what it's worth, I have had corals on deaths door come back. Put it low in the tank and see what happens.
I wouldn't do a drip acclimation with coral. To stressful.
Temp, dip, and in it goes.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The delay is not the sellers fault however they usually work with you. This particular seller only has 27 ratings so I would have steered clear from the get go. Hopefully they come through for you but it looks bleak based on their last message.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have higher hopes of him sending another than I have for that guy coming back. Keep us posted.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That frag should have never been shipped way too fresh of a cut

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I would not be afraid of being direct or coming across confrontational if you don't place blame on him -- just ask what his DOA policy is and what are the next steps.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I would not be afraid of being direct or coming across confrontational if you don't place blame on him -- just ask what his DOA policy is and what are the next steps.

Totally agree. Be direct. Ask the seller what he intends to do. Any reputable seller will understand.

Quick question, was the coral shipped priority overnight, or just next day? If the seller did not ship priority overnight and won't replace the item, I would then challenge the payment with your credit card/paypal.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this guy's most recent YouTube video he talks all about how he is just starting out and how he wants to take care of his customers and "do it right" and build a good reputation. He has a lot of footage of the mother colony this frag came from which is huge and beautiful. I can't imagine he would risk his rep as an emerging coral seller over a frag that (while valuable in the hobby) essentially cost him nothing. It is clear from his videos that he is a young parent who is stretched thin. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a little time for him to get back to you, but I bet he makes it right. Let's just see.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay has a protection plan if all else fails, assuming the seller didn't send out a frag ready for shipping or provided heat/cold packs that might cause issues. If it's the shipping company's fault then I personally wouldn't expect the seller to do anything. That's like blaming the store because on the way home the buyer did something foolish.

End of day, shipping has replaced the commute to and from the store and shipping companies aren't responsible for live stock. It's in their TOS. I know that for reptiles there's a company that handles the shipping by getting favorable bulk rates with FedEx and offers an insurance if the shipment is late but that's outside the concern of the carrier yet no insurance if on time yet DOA.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most companies will make it right, even if it's a small business.

I just ordered some perfume from a small niche fragrance company that shipped FedEx and was marked delivered this past Sunday -- only it was never delivered and the package never turned up. I contacted the shipper as soon as it became clear there was no package, and the guy who owns the business shipped me a new bottle the next day. The shipper should have some recourse with FedEx and UPS again now depending on how it was shipped, and that is their battle to fight. I honestly believe that no small business in their right mind would choose to not make a customer happy, it's in their best interest to ensure future/repeat orders come in, and good word of mouth spreads. I will totally order from this perfumer again, whereas I definitely wouldn't if they didn't replace the missing product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.0%
Back