Shipping methods.

edwing206

Visca el Barça!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you guys trade zoas and palys how do you ship? Full bag of water?
And what shipping kind of delivery do you use? Next day, second day?
The reason I'm asking is because I want to start expanding my collection with trading.
thanks

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shipped with a full bag of water and also having the zoa's wrapped in a papertowel dipped in saltwater. In my honest opinion the papertowel method had the best results.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shipped with a full bag of water and also having the zoa's wrapped in a papertowel dipped in saltwater. In my honest opinion the papertowel method had the best results.

i agree with that. zoas are very easy to ship.

IMO, my best way is to get those narrow/tall bags from kens fish supplies. fill it with 2 inches of water, then wrap the frag up in a wet paper towel, then put in the bag with water.

IMO i think this helps keep the frag cushioned and not sloshing around inside the bag. i cant even count the number of times i've gotten frags that have been knocked off the plugs due to rolling around and getting knocked around.

i do this for sps also, though its a bit tricker cuz if you get too much air trapped in the paper towel i think it will kill the sps frag. but i've only had this happen with 2 frags i've shipped out, out of about 50.

VanGogh121

Melba Toast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, you can ship all your frags to me using both methods and I'll let you know how they turn out.:hammer:

chads29

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, you can ship all your frags to me using both methods and I'll let you know how they turn out.:hammer:

I have spent a fair amount of money trying these methods to see which ones worked the best and am pretty much done doing the research thanks ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back