Shipping my fish? Pls help I’m clueless :,)

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured I’d give it a shot. I’m moving from Florida to Colorado I sold most all the of my live stock but I kept my 2 clowns and a few snails. I intend to ship them overnight with ups the day before I hop on my flight, but apart from that I have no clue how to ensure they arrive safe. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has experience with shipping their fish. Thanks In advance.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post but figured I’d give it a shot. I’m moving from Florida to Colorado I sold most all the of my live stock but I kept my 2 clowns and a few snails. I intend to ship them overnight with ups the day before I hop on my flight, but apart from that I have no clue how to ensure they arrive safe. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has experience with shipping their fish. Thanks In advance.
Where in colorado you moving to? In colorado currently....

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up north around the fort collins area
Ah cool! Used to be in the greeley area for school then moved back south to Centennial! Have you ever been to animal attractions in Greeley? Went once a while ago when I had a freshwater tank and they seemed to have some cool saltwater fish! Debating if its worth the 2 hour drive lol

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them on the plane with you. Triple bag them just before you depart for the airport and ensure there's amole air in the bag (most fish stores will also supplement with pure oxygen).
Unfortunately not an option to take them w me I’ll already be flying with 2 cats hands will be full :/

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not an option to take them w me I’ll already be flying with 2 cats hands will be full :/
The cats can go cargo, lol! 2 small clownfish + snails can go in a fairly small container for the trip. Clownfish carryon? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah cool! Used to be in the greeley area for school then moved back south to Centennial! Have you ever been to animal attractions in Greeley? Went once a while ago when I had a freshwater tank and they seemed to have some cool saltwater fish! Debating if its worth the 2 hour drive lol
Aquatic arts is where its at....biggs lagoon is another good one these ones are closer to you.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things settle op and the tanks running for a little bit i got a few hammers with your name on it....
20230912_160437.jpg

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things settle op and the tanks running for a little bit i got a few hammers with your name on it....
20230912_160437.jpg
Oh shoot! thanks I had to sell all my goods for this move didn’t think it’d be worth it, so I’ll definitely take you up on that

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an awesome shop i go to in fort collins for everything...i can give you a number maybe you can ship and house them there til your tank is up and running
Nice, what shop gonna need to find me a new LFS

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get in and settled ill cruise you over know the owners and they are limited retail. They do tank maintenance but trying to start in the retail side of things....only open friday 9-5 and limited hours on sat. for retail. But I would love to introduce you to them for sure....i would say 50% of my coral comes from them and the other 50 from local reefers.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving the purple hands and the kind offer to a fellow reefer. Oh, and definitely loving those hammers.
Those are the hammer gods hands lol haha and yea thats what this hobby is all about reefers helping reefers....

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get in and settled ill cruise you over know the owners and they are limited retail. They do tank maintenance but trying to start in the retail side of things....only open friday 9-5 and limited hours on sat. for retail. But I would love to introduce you to them for sure....i would say 50% of my coral comes from them and the other 50 from local reefers.
Sounds like a plan, do y’all have a reef chat up there? Here in Miami all the hobbyist in the area made a big group chat to sell/trade.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a plan, do y’all have a reef chat up there? Here in Miami all the hobbyist in the area made a big group chat to sell/trade.
Check out
masc colorado
Its the reefing club this way. Have a meeting in oct. When are you going to arrive? Totally down for you to come....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back