Shockingly Fun Time!!!

blakes29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. It has been quite a while since I have been on here. Lots of changes since then.

Upgraded to a 90g with overflows with a 30 g sump. Old 70g with DIY siphons caused too many problems. Lots of water overflows that made my wife very, very happy. I told her the cost of the new tank vs. destroying the floors and she happily agreed we should get a new tank. I told her it was a "mis-measurement" that lead to the larger tank. Strange I did that since I am a carpenter.....

Anyway....I have had it set up and running for a few months now and things are going well.

Yesterday morning I went down to the basement to check salinity of my mix for a water change and when I dipped my fingers in I got the crap shocked out of me.

The glass on my heater broke, anford it was still happily heating up the water with the exposed elements. I am not sure how long it had been running like that, but I didn't need coffee after that!

Fortunately, I was not injured, but for some reason I am constantly smelling car exhaust.

Must be the blizzard.......

Have a great day everybody. And always turn off the power before dipping your hands in your mixing barrels!!!

Not_Erick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That happened to me too while mixing salt lol nice little wake up call. I even dipped my hand twice to make sure it wasn’t a fluke . 1/10 would not recommend

OP
OP
blakes29

blakes29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Don't be recommend. I got a pretty good jolt. I've gotten the 120v tingle more than once in the past when working with wiring. This was much more...... invigorating??????

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back