Shockingly Fun Time!!!

blakes29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. It has been quite a while since I have been on here. Lots of changes since then.

Upgraded to a 90g with overflows with a 30 g sump. Old 70g with DIY siphons caused too many problems. Lots of water overflows that made my wife very, very happy. I told her the cost of the new tank vs. destroying the floors and she happily agreed we should get a new tank. I told her it was a "mis-measurement" that lead to the larger tank. Strange I did that since I am a carpenter.....

Anyway....I have had it set up and running for a few months now and things are going well.

Yesterday morning I went down to the basement to check salinity of my mix for a water change and when I dipped my fingers in I got the crap shocked out of me.

The glass on my heater broke, anford it was still happily heating up the water with the exposed elements. I am not sure how long it had been running like that, but I didn't need coffee after that!

Fortunately, I was not injured, but for some reason I am constantly smelling car exhaust.

Must be the blizzard.......

Have a great day everybody. And always turn off the power before dipping your hands in your mixing barrels!!!

Not_Erick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That happened to me too while mixing salt lol nice little wake up call. I even dipped my hand twice to make sure it wasn’t a fluke . 1/10 would not recommend

OP
OP
blakes29

blakes29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Don't be recommend. I got a pretty good jolt. I've gotten the 120v tingle more than once in the past when working with wiring. This was much more...... invigorating??????

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back