Stray voltage?

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I'm getting a shock which is constant when I put my fingers in. If I put my hand in deep enough it goes away. But my wife also said she felt a shock when puting her fingers in. I have unplugged everything one by one and tested with my fingers again and still it feels like a shock. I'd say it's cuts on my fingers but the wife felt it aswell, so I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I'm getting a shock which is constant when I put my fingers in. If I put my hand in deep enough it goes away. But my wife also said she felt a shock when puting her fingers in. I have unplugged everything one by one and tested with my fingers again and still it feels like a shock. I'd say it's cuts on my fingers but the wife felt it aswell, so I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Volt meter and check it.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a short, which is not stray voltage. I would use a volt meter by putting the tip of the red lead in the water, and the tip of the black lead in the ground hole of a nearby outlet. Then unplug things one at a time and recheck to find the culprit if significant voltage is present. Probably a heater or a/c wavemaker. Do not install a ground probe unless everything is on a gfci circuit, which it all should be anyway.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Agree with Jekyl, get a low voltage meter and check

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll have to get one and test it. It's just strange I've turned everything off and still feels like a shock.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back