Should I add a Tomini Tang

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, have a 315 gallon DT, been up for about a year. Current livestock is as follows:

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 white tail bristletooth
1 Naso tang

I want to add 1-2 more tangs, but pretty sure the purple would beat the crap out of a zebrasoma, so that leaves the tomini and lavender tang as far as what I would like to add. Don't want to risk the known ******s aka powders, and ich magnet in the blue. I will also be adding a few wrasses at the same time, and will look to make sure the new tangs would be smaller in size that the existing tangs.

Is this plausible to do? I feed them nori almost daily so aggression is pretty minimal. or should I add all other fish and then add the tang last?

Thoughts, and thanks!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok, have a 315 gallon DT, been up for about a year. Current livestock is as follows:

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 Naso tang

I want to add 1-2 more tangs, but pretty sure the purple would beat the crap out of a zebrasoma, so that leaves the tomini and lavender tang as far as what I would like to add. Don't want to risk the known ******s aka powders, and ich magnet in the blue. I will also be adding a few wrasses at the same time, and will look to make sure the new tangs would be smaller in size that the existing tangs.

Is this plausible to do? I feed them nori almost daily so aggression is pretty minimal. or should I add all other fish and then add the tang last?

Thoughts, and thanks!
Mine and many others I know of have been nothing but a model citizen and stays small

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 Naso tang

Thoughts, and thanks!
That white tail may not be happy with a second Bristletooth so I wouldn’t personally risk it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people successfully house 2 Ctenochaetus species together long term.

You could add a third Zebrasoma if you add one with many other tangs or maybe another of the smaller species of Acanthurus like a convict.

OP
OP
SaracensRugby

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think the zebramosa's would be ok with more? I would love a Desjardini and a scopes. But figured that many would ruffle feathers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back