Should I add a Tomini Tang

SaracensRugby

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2017
Messages
483
Reaction score
364
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, have a 315 gallon DT, been up for about a year. Current livestock is as follows:

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 white tail bristletooth
1 Naso tang

I want to add 1-2 more tangs, but pretty sure the purple would beat the crap out of a zebrasoma, so that leaves the tomini and lavender tang as far as what I would like to add. Don't want to risk the known ******s aka powders, and ich magnet in the blue. I will also be adding a few wrasses at the same time, and will look to make sure the new tangs would be smaller in size that the existing tangs.

Is this plausible to do? I feed them nori almost daily so aggression is pretty minimal. or should I add all other fish and then add the tang last?

Thoughts, and thanks!
 
Last edited:
Ok, have a 315 gallon DT, been up for about a year. Current livestock is as follows:

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 white tail bristletooth
1 Naso tang

I want to add 1-2 more tangs, but pretty sure the purple would beat the crap out of a zebrasoma, so that leaves the tomini and lavender tang as far as what I would like to add. Don't want to risk the known ******s aka powders, and ich magnet in the blue. I will also be adding a few wrasses at the same time, and will look to make sure the new tangs would be smaller in size that the existing tangs.

Is this plausible to do? I feed them nori almost daily so aggression is pretty minimal. or should I add all other fish and then add the tang last?

Thoughts, and thanks!
Mine and many others I know of have been nothing but a model citizen and stays small
 
Ok, have a 315 gallon DT, been up for about a year. Current livestock is as follows:

7 lyretail anthias
1 mocha clown
1 Foxface
1 Purple tang
1 yellow tang
1 white tail bristletooth
1 Naso tang

I want to add 1-2 more tangs, but pretty sure the purple would beat the crap out of a zebrasoma, so that leaves the tomini and lavender tang as far as what I would like to add. Don't want to risk the known ******s aka powders, and ich magnet in the blue. I will also be adding a few wrasses at the same time, and will look to make sure the new tangs would be smaller in size that the existing tangs.

Is this plausible to do? I feed them nori almost daily so aggression is pretty minimal. or should I add all other fish and then add the tang last?

Thoughts, and thanks!
That white tail may not be happy with a second Bristletooth so I wouldn’t personally risk it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people successfully house 2 Ctenochaetus species together long term.

You could add a third Zebrasoma if you add one with many other tangs or maybe another of the smaller species of Acanthurus like a convict.
 
You think the zebramosa's would be ok with more? I would love a Desjardini and a scopes. But figured that many would ruffle feathers.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new