Should I add anything else to my 90G DT?

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want honest opinions. Should I plan on adding any more fish to my tank? Corals I definitely want to keep adding but just wondering more about the fish. All my numbers are very good and been pretty well consistent for awhile now and my fish hardly ever have any run ins with each other anymore except for my clownfish. Damsel, cardinal, and basslet were all pairs but lost them to ich awhile back. I’ve since added fish to the tank.

Two clarkii clownfish
Two tomato clownfish
One snowflake clownfish
One coral beauty
One yellow tang
One bangaii cardinal
One yellow tail damsel
One royal basslet
One red head Solon fairy wrasse

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seem pretty full to me, but there would probably be room for a percher or two, like a goby, blenny, or hawk.

Most likely, you will end up with one pair of clowns in a 90 gallon. My money would be on the Clarkii.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be hell to pay once the Tomato or Clarkii mature. The Tomato going to win and Snowflake and Clarkii will get kill

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do not get anything larger than a small fish. Blennys are cool. Your tank is way too small to host 3 clowns. Give one back to your LFS or friend. I like schools of bengali cardinals. 3 or 4 would be the max I'd put in a 90 but I'd wait til the damsel dies and I'd get 3/4" ones. You will be lucky to get a year out of them and they will be about 1".

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree clowns might be an issue. Watch them. I think you should sit back and enjoy your tank as it is well stocked already. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

tmscott89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree clowns might be an issue. Watch them. I think you should sit back and enjoy your tank as it is well stocked already. Good luck.
Thanks for all the info everyone! I will definitely just wait and watch to see what happens. Especially keep on he on the clownfish. I didn’t think that size tank would be an issue but I will gladly return one or more of them i it means they live

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back