Should I add Water conditioner to RODI?

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a dumb question but should I add a water conditioner to RODI water ? My answer would be “NO” but I want to be certain. Finally, using RODI after a year of reefing LOL

Eddie K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I would say that RODI water does not need conditioner. However, do you trust your RODI system filters? Do you have a 1 micron filter for chloramines? How do you really know when to change the filters? So I would say, there is no harm to adding conditioner to RODI water. You will sometimes wonder why certain corals aren't doing well, etc. so maybe it helps take chloramines out of the equation? Very thought provoking conversation and I recently started just adding conditioner just in case. Trust no one :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do. More out of habit than anything else. I always add Seachem Prime.

I have a full set up RODI with a TDS meter and always keep it maintained . I am not worried about anything getting thru. Just habit, and it allegedly helps slime coat which is important for tangs.

If I stopped would it make a difference? Most likely no. Old habits.. you. Know

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had chloramine get through several carbon blocks. You need a low range test kit (0.02 mg/L) since tests whose first step is 0.5 mg/L are already higher than lethal levels for fish.

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a dumb question but should I add a water conditioner to RODI water ? My answer would be “NO” but I want to be certain. Finally, using RODI after a year of reefing LOL
No you don’t need to I think that’s the point of rodi the water should have nothing in it to decorate. I could be wrong but I don’t and mine tank is just fine. Good luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back