Should i even bother with a refugium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1e244c0c-824b-4683-951f-d68dcebaea56.jpg


I'm just roughing it out currently, should i do a refugium? It would only be about 7 gallons. Its in a 40g breeder on a 150 g tank.
 
I'd leave yourself space for one, even if you don't use it as a refugium, it's a good place you can dump rock for biomedia etc.
 
I am a huge proponent of refugiums. Macro algae does a pretty good job with nutrient control but biggest benefit is a safe spot for zooplankton to breed in my opinion leading to better biodiversity and overall health of system.
 
Yes. In that section between the return pump and skimmer. Use black plexi for those two dividers if you decide to light it so you don’t grow algae in your skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new