Should I get another wave maker ?

Reeferpor69

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
I’m
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my tank is 30inches in width 10inches deep and 10 inches tall .
As you can see from the picture I have one 40watt wavemaker on the left.

I’m asking for recommendations whether I should get another one on the opposite side will it be beneficial?or just a waste of money because I have my water running two ways into the tank and also I’m planing on buying a bio pellet reactor should I get the reactor instead or the wave maker.

thankyou and appreciate all comments in advance

A599F997-5874-4AF9-A674-4E53F545339D.jpeg 50180BE1-75BC-4FCC-9F9B-38ED0719F08A.jpeg
 
Hi my tank is 30inches in width 10inches deep and 10 inches tall .
As you can see from the picture I have one 40watt wavemaker on the left.

I’m asking for recommendations whether I should get another one on the opposite side will it be beneficial?or just a waste of money because I have my water running two ways into the tank and also I’m planing on buying a bio pellet reactor should I get the reactor instead or the wave maker.

thankyou and appreciate all comments in advance

A599F997-5874-4AF9-A674-4E53F545339D.jpeg 50180BE1-75BC-4FCC-9F9B-38ED0719F08A.jpeg
If you can afford a second wave maker, I would. Flow is fairly important for coral health and it is not simple to define what is needed and what is in the tank, so, be on the safe side and make a “breezy” environment for the coral.
 
Your aquarium looks bigger in pictures :)
Looks like your aquarium is doing great from pictures.
Any reason why you think you need another wavemaker?
If all is well in your aquarium then no need to change :)
In my opinion
 
Given the size, you may not really need another powerhead, but you could add an Random Flow Generator to the return line. Based on the size of the the tank, I would think a single 1/2in RFG supplied at least 400-450 GPH, or a single 3/4in at 500-550+ GPH would do the trick.

It would be a nice compliment to the powerhead you have and be relatively inexpensive to add.
 
Given the size, you may not really need another powerhead, but you could add an Random Flow Generator to the return line. Based on the size of the the tank, I would think a single 1/2in RFG supplied at least 400-450 GPH, or a single 3/4in at 500-550+ GPH would do the trick.

It would be a nice compliment to the powerhead you have and be relatively inexpensive to add.
I will go with the random flow generation thankyou very much
 
Your aquarium looks bigger in pictures :)
Looks like your aquarium is doing great from pictures.
Any reason why you think you need another wavemaker?
If all is well in your aquarium then no need to change :)
In my opinion
I’m just concerned about the raise of no3 and po4 once I added more fish in the future so I’m trying to decide if the biopellet reactor would do the job or a second power head and a clean sump .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new