Should I join my rocks?

Orectolobidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After stressing out about getting the aquascape "perfect" I finally came up with these two shapes.... the problem is that once I got a bangaii cardinal I realized that what I made is not ideal for a fish. I say that because my bangaii is usually brown and stressed out in the corner of the tank so im on the fence whether I should put a rock in the middle to make an arch which will act like a cave or is my aquascape fine as it is?

20191014_185657.jpg

I will be changing the lights and taking out my hermits old shells soon but overall parameters are favourable

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your "favourable" numbers? From what I can see, your scape should be fine a Bangaii.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangaii's like to be out in the open so changing the rock scape won't help. It is either stressed from the move into a new tank or the parameters may be off.

OP
OP
Orectolobidae

Orectolobidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangaii's like to be out in the open so changing the rock scape won't help. It is either stressed from the move into a new tank or the parameters may be off.
What are your "favourable" numbers? From what I can see, your scape should be fine a Bangaii.

Really? From what I've been reading I heard they like to stay hidden in the daytime due to them being diurnal but you may be right because as of today I have been seeing him swim around the tank today and being much more bold. Also my levels are:

Nitrate 1ppm
Ph: 7.9-8.0

I dont test for alkalinity because I have nothing in the tank to consume it and ammonia and nitrite I don't bother testing since my tank has been up for 2yrs

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? From what I've been reading I heard they like to stay hidden in the daytime due to them being diurnal but you may be right because as of today I have been seeing him swim around the tank today and being much more bold. Also my levels are:

Nitrate 1ppm
Ph: 7.9-8.0

I dont test for alkalinity because I have nothing in the tank to consume it and ammonia and nitrite I don't bother testing since my tank has been up for 2yrs
Yes I have two in my tank and they are always out in the open. I have yet to see them hide. In fact, one of them is smaller and was getting picked on by to chromis and he wouldn't hide in any of my rockwork. He still stayed out in the open and would just swim away.

How is yours doing? Is it the only fish in the tank? I don't see any others in your picture but I may be wrong. Like I said it's just getting used to the new surroundings and will eventually be out swimming all day.

Lol21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its your tank do whatever you like.. but i think you need more rock.. Its pretty plain.

Also that eheim 350 surface skimmer. You need to tie a net to it and cut holes for it. Use a fish net and zip tierls to tie it on. Ive had bangai and other fish go into the surface skimmer and die because the top isnt covered. Now all my surface skimmers have nets.

20191023_051512.jpg

Back