Should I post bad LFS experience?

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I live in the Minneapolis area. I have had a horrible experience with one of my LFS stores going on for the past month. Should I post an explanation of my experience and name the store? I think it is a very reasonable thing to do considering others may have the same experience…I’m not looking to bash anyone or cause them to lose business. I would just like to lay out all the facts and hear other’s opinions.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the Minneapolis area. I have had a horrible experience with one of my LFS stores going on for the past month. Should I post an explanation of my experience and name the store? I think it is a very reasonable thing to do considering others may have the same experience…I’m not looking to bash anyone or cause them to lose business. I would just like to lay out all the facts and hear other’s opinions.
I would share the experience but not name the story. If people in the area have questions, let them PM you.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would share the experience but not name the story. If people in the area have questions, let them PM you.
I think you’re right. I also don’t think it would be a big deal if I only mentioned the facts of the matter and wasn’t putting my biased spin on it. But that’s probably easier said than done. I shall follow your advice sir. Thanks

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think so, because it would only be your (biased) side of the story, it always takes two. It would just be another rant on the internet.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go ahead and tell your experience and others can ask clarifying questions or just name them and post it in the vendor experiences forum where no one can comment except you and the vendor

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to go against the grain here but I'd post it and the name. One account is a rant but when you see a bunch of people doing it then you have a shady business and it helps prevent other people from having the same issue.

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one thing I’ve noticed since hitting the trail and going to more LFS than I ever have in my life lately.

if it’s a REEF dedicated store and that’s all they do. Where I’m at they’re all pretty legit.

then you got your blended just aquarium store in general. Those are ok where I’m at but not very impressive.

then there’s you’re PET stores that sell saltwater stuff. They’re greasy as all get out and I avoid them like the plague. There’s a reason I sail right through Lafayette and drive all the way to Baton Rouge.

sorry Lafayette stores if you read this lol. Do better and quit worrying about puppies and chinchillas. If you want to be a reef store. Be a reef store and be good at it. Business will come.

OP
OP
K

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All great points. I'll try to post it this evening. Been pretty busy lately and it's not at the top of my list. But it's on my list. Thanks

Back