Should I reseal this 90?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KyleC.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KyleC.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2017
Messages
458
Reaction score
153
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a0cbbf03744b9d0ea14f639c5c22b9b5.jpg
f1127252635e3ce3a035e46419e0af38.jpg


Blue tape is from the old background. Held water before purchasing, didn't think about the edges until I started on the DIY stand...
 
The bond is made in between the glass panels. Thats just for looks, or peace of mind. I don't have a bead running on my seams, I have a 240g tank.
 
That's what I figured. The overlap on the glass is the only thing that is questionable. It's maybe 1/4"-3/16" wide to either side. I feel like I will be okay, just figured i would ask around to see if anyone has had any similar experience.
 
You could scrape it all off, and throw down another bead, it wouldn't hurt anything.
 
I had a similar looking situation with a 75g on the two front seams...previous owner seemed to have gotten a little too close to the corners with his scraper. I carefully removed the old silicone with a razor blade and then re-siliconed. Mainly did it for peace of mind...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new