Should I stop using my welcome image?

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Friday everyone. Maybe not the right forum to post this but I will anyway. Not too long ago a fellow member messaged me why do I use a picture of bleached corals as a welcome image for new members? I didn’t think much of it when I first started using the image. All I saw initially were the nice colors and I have been using it ever since. Some of them do look bleached though. Should I change it?

1702694436168.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Happy Friday everyone. Maybe not the right forum to post this but I will anyway. Not too long ago a fellow member messaged me why do I use a picture of bleached corals as a welcome image for new members? I didn’t think much of it when I first started using the image. All I saw initially were the nice colors and I have been using it ever since. Some of them do look bleached though. Should I change it?

1702694436168.jpeg
Use what you desire. It allows others to quickly recognize you online

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1702694436168.jpeg
No, it is your trade mark. I don't have see the name to know who posted. JMO

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1702694436168.jpeg
I like it. But it only matters if you do. Mine is part of the intro to my videos. We all have something unique to contribute, and you help make this forum a great place for reefers to feel welcome. Keep being you.
:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1702694436168.jpeg
Jeez! Some people have way too much free time on their hands if they're scrutinizing welcome pics!

I think it's pretty :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1702694436168.jpeg
Honestly, I find that we tend to censor out a lot of the bleaching and dirties in the hobby which tend to lead newcomers down the wrong path of ‘I’m doing something wrong’ when actually everyone has been down that same route.

Yes, we should document the majority and display them but the reality is that we shouldn’t hide the fact that everyone (even in an LFS environment) has an issue or success of some sort.

The most common one is when someone gets a Copperband Butterfly, yes it may be a mistake but we tend to look at everyone else who has lost them and say it’s the worst thing instead of look at those who have success with them and how to help that person with having success.

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about others opinions, you like it? Then use it.
When other ppl start feeding you or paying your bills, then you worry about their breath.
That's your stamp!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back