Should I take Mushroom from frag. Help

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I purchased the mushroom coral in the picture. It is on a frag but the frag is so tall that I do not think it will be able to attach to the rock and I do not have another hole to stick the frag in. What should I do. Should I revove it from the frag?

IMG_0781.jpg

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have bone cutters you can carefully cutoff the plug leaving just a disc. It doesn’t appear the mushroom is attached to much rock which is then normally glued to the disc. So trying to cut the shroom off the disc could be very risky. You can then glue the disc down to your rock. Eventually the shroom may move off the disc on its own possibly leaving babies behind. The disc even though glued to your rock can be easily removed later as the bond is never great.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! for your advice. I cut off some of the bottom of the shroom. This is better. See attached picture.

IMG_0782.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put it in today so I hope that over the next few days it will spread out an attach.I will keep you updated.

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always cut the stem off of the disk and glue the disk to a rock. Sometimes if the drag is small enough I carefully cut the disk so it isnt round and then attach that small price to a rock

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back