Should I worry?

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These hermit crabs often times are on my coral I have another coral that they harass sometimes should I worry? Is this bad or normal?

5E04E179-E773-4FA3-830A-837DE909D9D3.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. I don't know of any way to prevent it (unless you remove them)
2. So - I would not be concerned - UNLESS you see damage - and then I would remove that crab.

Hope this helps

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO CRAB IS REEF SAFE. Period. I've learned the hard way MANY, MANY times.
I wonder why they sell crabs as clean up crew..... at nearly every store? I personally have never seen a hermit crab cause any problem with 'a coral' (unless they were eating a dead portion) - which I guess I would consider beneficial?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder why they sell crabs as clean up crew..... at nearly every store? I personally have never seen a hermit crab cause any problem with 'a coral' (unless they were eating a dead portion) - which I guess I would consider beneficial?

Once they get bigger, they'll eat softies in my experience. It's happened with almost every crab I've ever owned. Full disclosure - I love crabs. I think they are one of the "cooler" critters to have. They are weird, interesting and fun to show off, but unfortunately "CRAB GUNNA CRAB"...they are opportunistic feeders and will eat anything. A softie just sitting there seems irresistible.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back