Shout out to Canadian Fedex

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had my tank running for that long (about 4 months) and up until now I have managed to find everything at my lfs's so I have been able to go and pick everything up... Until now. I have had a hard time finding a couple fish locally along with some sexy shrimp. Everyone locally keeps selling out before I get a chance to place an order. After searching and searching I found what I was looking for in the neighboring province of Quebec. This of course meant shipping which had my stomach in knots. One of the store folks told me not to worry because they do it all the time via overnight shipping so I decided to take the plunge and placed my order. I then found out the package was coming with FedEx. I've heard we haven't had the same shipping issues up here as our southern neighbors have had but my stomach went into knots regardless.

The package was picked up about 3pm so I proceeded to track it via the realtime tracking that FedEx has. All evening and all night I still see it sitting in Quebec. Now I'm feeling sick thinking this was going to be a disaster. I went to bed about 3am then about 6am I got an alert that it has arrived in Toronto and is out for delivery. By 9am I'm getting a knock on my door and it's the FedEx guy. Relief washed over me and surprise that it made it to my door in less than 24 hrs. Normally when I get a delivery they simply knock on the door and leave the package but this delivery guy didn't leave and when I opened the door I could see a slightly worried look on his face (I did notice he had the package right side up so bonus points for him). He then proceeds to tell me the box arrived in Toronto wet. At that point my heart sinks and I say to him "that's not good because it's fish". He responded by saying he had the same concern so he called a manager over while he was at the depot and they decided to open the box. He said the shipping box was wet but the styrofoam box inside looked dry however they didn't open that up because they didn't want to disrupt the packing of the fish. He then went on to tell me that he was logging the incident in case I wanted to file a claim. I thanked him profusely for taking care of my fish and took the box.

All seemed fine when I opened up the box so I'm not sure where the water came from but I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the way everything was handled (even the packing by the fish store).

This is my shout out to FedEx for doing a great job! I wonder if I can get his name to send a compliment to him.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I got a delivery of inverts the other day (UPS — I have the best luck w/them overnight), and when I opened it the larger bag inside was all wet. I thought oh no, but there was no leak from any of the individual bags. I feel like sometimes while packing, water splashes on stuff.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I got a delivery of inverts the other day (UPS — I have the best luck w/them overnight), and when I opened it the larger bag inside was all wet. I thought oh no, but there was no leak from any of the individual bags. I feel like sometimes while packing, water splashes on stuff.
That is exactly what I thought. The wet mark was on the bottom so the box might've been put on a small puddle of water while they were taping it up. I was so afraid to open it thinking one or both of the bags had leaked. When I did the inhabitants just looked at me as if to say "Hello, are you getting us out of these bags anytime soon?". I thought I was going to pass out from relief. Haha.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back