Thought the same thing then.

1633396674561.gif

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I had to take mine down (I jumped the gun and started too early) I switched to a black sump. I also added a micro ATO, AI Prime and a slightly larger return pump, so far so good! Should have the wife’s up and running later this week.
What return pump did you buy for it?

redvsblue23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that pump is really moving! Did you modify any thing else for the flow like a nozzle or is the rest stock parts?
Currently stock but I want to make a cap to put over the return that redirects the water. It gets some really nice surface agitation but it also leaks out the back the slightest bit since it’s shooting straight up.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently stock but I want to make a cap to put over the return that redirects the water. It gets some really nice surface agitation but it also leaks out the back the slightest bit since it’s shooting straight up.
I put the temp probe in that return area to help disrupt the flow. Seems to be just enough.

Attachments

• 16335261798808223580128453386514.jpg
    16335261798808223580128453386514.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 105

Kah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers!
I actually had just ordered a tank at the end of September and was looking for ideas when I ran into the original contest thread. Mine won't be that pretty, with plenty of McGuyvering (check out that bendy straw!), but will post, and hopefully make something of it. :D

Unfortunately the tank overheated the next day and killed the rock flower nem and daisy frag.
I had to evacuate most of the survivors to a holding tank and wash out the filter material and replace sand to ensure there was no ammonia build up. Hopefully my zoa and GSP pull through.
The ATO is a little problematic, and need to find a way to feed it into an airline or something I can restrict the flow with.
Finally, I have no way of seeing into the sump to check water levels.
It still looks majestic with the lone green shroom!

PXL_20211002_022647718.jpg PXL_20211002_022751457.jpg IMG_20211001_220159.jpg 2021-10-05_11-58-10.jpg

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry for not updates. Was celebrating with my wife our 1 year anniversary. Only few things changed in my tank.

These tanks are looking awesome. Might have to take a few if the ideas.

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here goes .... Something.

Modded my return with a bulk head and some acrylic tubing I bent, and am using the old one as the overflow for better turn over. the original overflow is functioning as an emergency back up.

Running a off brand 90gph pump so that water is booking it, and a no name Betta heater that I am already googling replacements for. Using inkbird for temp control.

IMG_20211007_074753912.jpg

IMG_20211007_084151956_HDR~2.jpg

This is the Midnight tank.

Just filled her up this morning.... My scape is really bad but this is my first ever tank so I hope to improve with time.

I'll get some lenses after awhile and get better pictures!

As this is my first tank and I just started it I am currently cycling (light on ONLY for this pic.) Using brightwall for a bottle cycle so I don't fall to far behind in this competition with all of my more experienced reefers.

Will probably watch a bit and do some more research for a month probably to find what CUC would be best for a pico and make sure they are settled before I even think about corals so I won't have to many exciting updates for awhile.

I have a permanent home planned for this tank but we are still working out moving so for now the kitchen counter will do. Lots of plans in store for when I'm more settled; some filter mods, a moded stand, custom light, and a possible ato idea all in the works.

Will make a thread and make it my tag here in a bit <3

redvsblue23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here goes .... Something.

Modded my return with a bulk head and some acrylic tubing I bent, and am using the old one as the overflow for better turn over. the original overflow is functioning as an emergency back up.

Running a off brand 90gph pump so that water is booking it, and a no name Betta heater that I am already googling replacements for. Using inkbird for temp control.

IMG_20211007_074753912.jpg

IMG_20211007_084151956_HDR~2.jpg

This is the Midnight tank.

Just filled her up this morning.... My scape is really bad but this is my first ever tank so I hope to improve with time.

I'll get some lenses after awhile and get better pictures!

As this is my first tank and I just started it I am currently cycling (light on ONLY for this pic.) Using brightwall for a bottle cycle so I don't fall to far behind in this competition with all of my more experienced reefers.

Will probably watch a bit and do some more research for a month probably to find what CUC would be best for a pico and make sure they are settled before I even think about corals so I won't have to many exciting updates for awhile.

I have a permanent home planned for this tank but we are still working out moving so for now the kitchen counter will do. Lots of plans in store for when I'm more settled; some filter mods, a moded stand, custom light, and a possible ato idea all in the works.

Will make a thread and make it my tag here in a bit <3

I think that’s the overflow side you put the return on but I guess it probably doesn’t make a huge difference. Looks like that will work nicely!

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All aboard the SS We Tried, Okay?
Tried to make a neat scape but it didn't fit in the tank when it arrived.
Tried to build a tinier scape but the rocks broke apart strangely. One vaguely looked like a dragon skull, so we went with a terrible dragon-inspired scape. But hey, it's wet!

20211014_223312.jpg 20211014_230106.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back