SHOW OFF THREAD *Unoffical* Mini Complete Tank Contest

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know how you guys deal with salt creep on these. I run a freshwater one and I get salt creep from the freshwater or whatever else is drying out from the water. Mine could just have a bad seal
So far I just clean it off with my water changes. It's a lot for sure

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November update as well. I lost 1 unknown mushroom. It melted. I will be adding more corals in the upcoming weeks. I am getting some salt creep on both sides. Still trying to figure out how to get better pictures. image.jpg
You could buy the Aquarium Camera App. It's 3.99 on the Iphone app store.

Ben's Pico Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, I wont go through the long story as thats in my thread, but my tank is shutdown at the moment. had a death in the family and was going to be gone over a week for funeral. moved it all over to main tank. The salt creep has went from barely any to a lot. evaporation has gotten worse. plus with the other messes and expenses I am dealing with its been just about 5 weeks since I have done any maintenance I believe on my main pico which is actually doing fairly well. I will eventually restart the tank. but will need to figure out a way to seal between tank and sump. one idea is to att aquarium safe silicon to the top part of the sump. make a big blob thread all around and seat the display portion. wait a minute or less depending then pull off to let fully dry. this may create a nice seal. for the lid, I may find someone who can create a lid and just drill 2 holes size of airline tube for more oxygen exchange. i think these 2 ideas would resolve most the issues.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec update post: Still running. Still fighting salt creep. In Nov I had a bubble algae problem break out - I pulled the zoas they seemed to be coming from and plopped some deepwater fl zoas in their place (lower left). With the dimmer lighting they're doing really well in here. Also added a baby trocus from the big tank to help with algae in general.

Cloves are spreading. Baby pocilliopora has encrusted entire top of plug. Aiptasia popped up in acan, need to get nudis to quell that.
PXL_20211201_174319727.jpg

Ordered the same volume pnw tank - this salt creep is not my friend. Not sure when the transition will be.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update!

So far nothing major has happened. Cleanings and top off water. I feed phyto and a squirt of what i feed my main tank's concoction.

I did receive a flow nozzle and has improved the flow.

Attachments

• 20211201_154054.jpg
    20211201_154054.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 72

Charlied

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy December!!! I’m so impressed with all the incredible tanks. I’m taking baby steps with mine so far. In November, I added Pink Fusion Coralline Algae spores from ARC Reef. It came in a bottle, and I added a few tablespoons over a few days. The Asterina Star LOVED it! It woke up and has become really active. It’s been climbing all over the pink quartz rock scape like mad, and finally found the glass. I’m so thrilled to be keeping it alive. Anyway, if all goes well with the algae spores I should start seeing “chicken pox” spots all over the quartz in about 10 weeks from the time I seeded the tank. So I’m thinking by late January I’ll know if my plan worked out.
I also added a layer of Oolithic aragonite sand to the substrate. I like the way it looks, and I hope it helps to create a healthy environment in the long run.
Salt creep has remained steady, not bad, not good. I just wipe it off when I do my regular level checks.
Here’s a picture I took yesterday.

Attachments

• A065AA30-96AB-4EFA-968E-3927EDD0CBFB.jpeg
    A065AA30-96AB-4EFA-968E-3927EDD0CBFB.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 66

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update:
The sps I had finally got pulled. Thought I lost wverything after a vacation and mom forgetting to top off the tank. Changed out water and all seems OK. I have a routine now which has helped. Salt creep is steady. The top lid has also started to warp. But I am still in this. Zoas are open shrooms are good and I have a pineapple sponge. Harry the hermit is still kicking and the snails are well snailing.
It's not pretty but I like it.
20211202_091948.jpg
20211202_092022.jpg

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update:
The sps I had finally got pulled. Thought I lost wverything after a vacation and mom forgetting to top off the tank. Changed out water and all seems OK. I have a routine now which has helped. Salt creep is steady. The top lid has also started to warp. But I am still in this. Zoas are open shrooms are good and I have a pineapple sponge. Harry the hermit is still kicking and the snails are well snailing.
20211202_091948.jpg
20211202_092022.jpg
My lid is warping too! Looks just like yours, lifting on the sides.

Charlied

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update:
20211202_091948.jpg
20211202_092022.jpg
Wow! You have so much cool stuff in there...impressive!

faceymcfaceface

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update.

Family health issue and just an overall rough time have led to me not doing much at all with the MCT. Still no stocking but I did pick up an actual ATO and installed it.

Was trying a DIY ATO but that was just too much at this time.

Hoping to settle down this December and get the LID finished that I have been tinkering with.

20211203_073704.jpg

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my December update. I have had some salt creep. My ato stopped working and I ended up losing a mushroom. I have added a few Zia’s to the display, also added ric. The tank is cloudy from my cleaning. The Zia’s are upset now but I am sure they will recover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 32

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November update!
No news lol.
I'm still cycling the new tank and working on the house b4 I can move it to it's permanent home!!!
Hopefully next month will be more exciting lol.
IMG_20211104_173806506.jpg
Well this month is not more exciting then last lol. Cycling complete but I can't get out to the city to get any CUC or corals to get me really started cause covid has struck hard in my little town and I have gotten my share of it. Still trying to get some rooms in this old house fixed up so I can place my tank as well but I'm physically disabled so work is slow lol. Will try to get something in my tank just before Christmas ~fingers crossed~

Wishing everyone the best!!!
IMG_20211203_140607830.jpg

Alaeriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December update:
This is officially my most neglected tank. It doesn't evaporate all that much, but the creep is insane. Getting some algae to spread, and will probably add a cerith snail. We currently stock a single asterina and a struggling zoa frag.

Attachments

• Resized_20211205_101017.jpeg
    Resized_20211205_101017.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Dec. Update. I'm happy to see everyone else's successes so far!

I have decided to drain and restart—I wasn't loving how things were going.

Here's the slightly edited scape and the dollhouse waterchange bucket I got to go along with it! Haha

Attachments

• 20211205_093951.jpg
    20211205_093951.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
Maddlesrain

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are awesome! What tiny tanks are these? I want one for a pom Pom crab!
They're called Mini Complete Tanks. If you search for that, they should come up for purchase either from the official site, or there are similar copy cats on sites like Aliexpress :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back