OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving all the golden dwarf morays on this thread! Heres mine, her name is Banana <3!
bananababy.png
Good photo!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The goby is an absolute unit almost 5 inches long, it'll be fine. And if it turns out the melatremus are way bigger than expected I will remove the goby and shrimp to a temp tank and sell them.
My golden dwarf made a lunch of my lawnmower blenny and six like wrasse but would never touch my longnose hawkfish

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you keep this one with any tank mates? Would like to get one but i want clowns and such as well.
Maui is no more, sadly, but I've never had an issue with a golden dwarf and tank mates. As long as it isnt a small goby you'll be fine. They rarely get bigger than a sharpie marker and around 6-8" long. They do, however, like to climb out of tanks so a secure lid is a must.

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maui is no more, sadly, but I've never had an issue with a golden dwarf and tank mates. As long as it isnt a small goby you'll be fine. They rarely get bigger than a sharpie marker and around 6-8" long. They do, however, like to climb out of tanks so a secure lid is a must.
I am sorry to hear that. So clownfish would be out of the question with one xD

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear that. So clownfish would be out of the question with one xD
Im not sure the size of your clownfish... mine would be hard for a snowflake to eat. My female ocellaris is 4" long and the male is 2.5-3". I don't see a golden dwarf being able to eat a clownfish....

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure the size of your clownfish... mine would be hard for a snowflake to eat. My female ocellaris is 4" long and the male is 2.5-3". I don't see a golden dwarf being able to eat a clownfish....
Unfortunately my tank is still in the works. I would definitely make the eel drop in last

rfgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to pet mine on his head till about 4 years ago he jumped out of the tank at me and hit the floor when I was cleaning the tank. Never again will I try and pet.

Luke 13y8127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into observation on Tuesday. Took some krill off of a stick yesterday so I feel confident. I had some live small mollies and ghosties living with him, I saw him trying to catch a ghostie yesterday. He was very timid about taking him down; he's about 2' and very thin so he still might be a baby. I figured I'd try and stick feed him, I had to make the pieces really small but he took a fair amount. I'll try again tomorrow.

014.jpg
Nice Blue Ribbon

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New White eye, Zebra I have had 3 1/2 years. Everyone seems to be getting alone fine so far

Attachments

• 20200404_190425.mp4
    97.1 MB

Pudge&Bubbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sold our snowflake .
he was about 16” and fat ...

Started eating every fish we added .
2) juv yellow belly tang ,
2 sand sifting gobies ,

Did something change? How long did you have him with the fish?

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My golden dwarf made a lunch of my lawnmower blenny and six like wrasse but would never touch my longnose hawkfish

I have noticed my starry blenny and watchman goby both bullying the morays during feeding time. They are quite timid and I have to feed them last. Maybe when they get bigger those roles will get reversed, but for now my watchman goby is king of the rockwork at a whopping 6 inches long.

I have them on a diet of chopped squid and whole cockles right now. Will try to switch it up and feed them other shellfish, so far they prefer cockles the most.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 129 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back