Show off your EELS!

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not a juvenile, it's about 12" long. After looking at pictures, it's almost certainly a Greyfaced/White eyed moray.

Thanks everyone!
My zebra moray is still a juvenile at 2 feet, eels get big my friend. 6 to 12 is baby

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zebra moray is still a juvenile at 2 feet, eels get big my friend. 6 to 12 is baby

I was meaning in regards to a golden dwarf, but I think I may have misinterpreted the post I was replying to.

This eel is definitely just a baby, from what I read on Greyfaced, should at least double in size. I'm just glad I didn't accidentally buy an eel that grows into a true monster.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi here is an update on my eels, pair of black ribbon eels and dragon moray I have had the ribbon for about 2 years. Waiting for color change . Don’t mind the glass !!!. Thanks

image.jpg CA501812-BEA7-40C2-BD6F-3AE407EDEF64.jpeg A456E710-1FC3-4B40-8B52-7F12725F6F90.jpeg

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, he is not in same tank as ribbons , I would not put them together. Otherwise he is fine with the fish. Just have to be careful with size of fish I put in with him. Thanks

JayCalifornia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef dedicated for just my Eel Hades
** second video is a feeding **

Attachments

• IMG_0583.MOV
    11.5 MB
  • IMG_0584.MOV
    15 MB

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got word that my regional supplier, De Jong Marine, finally recieved some Golden Dwarf Morays (Gymnothorax melatremus) and have ordered a mated pair! My LFS, Coral and Fish Store Breda, is holding them for me until I get a glass lid made on my red sea reefer 350. Really excited! Just gotta clean up the tank a bit and move some rocks around so they have a place to hide- the only real cave has been taken by the spotted watchman goby and his shrimpy friends.

Last edited:

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got word that my regional supplier, De Jong Marine, finally recieved some Golden Dwarf Morays (Gymnothorax melatremus) and have ordered a mated pair! My LFS, Coral and Fish Store Breda, is holding them for me until I get a glass lid made on my red sea reefer 350. Really excited! Just gotta clean up the tank a bit and move some rocks around so they have a place to hide- the only real cave has been taken by the spotted watchman goby and his shrimpy friends.

Say goodbye to the watchman goby and shrimp friends. They will be friends till the golden gets hungry. Mine shared a cave with a diamond goby for about 2 months and I missed a feeding, so my golden made his own lunch.

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say goodbye to the watchman goby and shrimp friends. They will be friends till the golden gets hungry. Mine shared a cave with a diamond goby for about 2 months and I missed a feeding, so my golden made his own lunch.

The goby is an absolute unit almost 5 inches long, it'll be fine. And if it turns out the melatremus are way bigger than expected I will remove the goby and shrimp to a temp tank and sell them.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was too. They don't swallow them whole, they tear them a part. They do this neat spinning thing until a chunk rips off.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep them feed and they are fine with my other fish. I don't feed him fish, just prawn, clams, squid...Don't want him to get a taste for fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back