Show off your Frogfish

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an old pic of mine, I'll try to get a new one soon as he's since changed color.
1622234647371.png

He's an Antennatus dorehensis, a more cryptic species from south japan and the surrounding areas. Mine is about 2" long right now, the species max is around 3-4". The tank is an Innovative Marine 24g lagoon, I run the temp at 77 and the light is a busted old AI prime. He eats ghost shrimp about once a week, I'm going to start feeding him more though to get him growing.
I've had him for 7 months now.
Ill share a new pic of him soon, He's currently ghostly white to match the undersides of my rockwork, but has been hanging out around a neat yellow sponge I recently got so who knows.

OP
OP
M

MS38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing frogfish. How long did it take him to turn colors?

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome. Can you give some details on the system they are in?
I put them in the 13.4 gal for now. The tank used to set up with live rocks, live sand, soft corals with protein skimmer and chaeto in the back chamber. I transferred most rock and corals to 45 gal. They are in the tank for about 2 months. Not a real fight but they do flair each other like the time lapse video above. I feed them live molly and live ghost shrimp. They can freshly dead fish or shrimp but have not touch frozen yet.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing frogfish. How long did it take him to turn colors?
About a two and a half weeks per color change, it was really amazing! The only problem with the genus Antennatus is that they are super cryptic and don't tend to go out in the light. But they've got so much personality that I would definitely recommend one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back