Show off your Frogfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter MS38
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MS38

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
Hawaii
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see who has the best frogfish!
 
Here's an old pic of mine, I'll try to get a new one soon as he's since changed color.
1622234647371.png

He's an Antennatus dorehensis, a more cryptic species from south japan and the surrounding areas. Mine is about 2" long right now, the species max is around 3-4". The tank is an Innovative Marine 24g lagoon, I run the temp at 77 and the light is a busted old AI prime. He eats ghost shrimp about once a week, I'm going to start feeding him more though to get him growing.
I've had him for 7 months now.
Ill share a new pic of him soon, He's currently ghostly white to match the undersides of my rockwork, but has been hanging out around a neat yellow sponge I recently got so who knows.
 
Amazing frogfish. How long did it take him to turn colors?
 
awesome. Can you give some details on the system they are in?
I put them in the 13.4 gal for now. The tank used to set up with live rocks, live sand, soft corals with protein skimmer and chaeto in the back chamber. I transferred most rock and corals to 45 gal. They are in the tank for about 2 months. Not a real fight but they do flair each other like the time lapse video above. I feed them live molly and live ghost shrimp. They can freshly dead fish or shrimp but have not touch frozen yet.
 
Amazing frogfish. How long did it take him to turn colors?
About a two and a half weeks per color change, it was really amazing! The only problem with the genus Antennatus is that they are super cryptic and don't tend to go out in the light. But they've got so much personality that I would definitely recommend one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new