Show Off Your Large Tank Aquascape :)

Custom 200 Started 4/9/2012

200 lights.jpg


200 lights.jpg
 
I am not sure if I am allowed to post these, so feel free to delete if they go against the rules. But here are some of the tanks that inspired my build. Not pictured are two of my favorite tanks\aquascapes, that I am sure everyone is aware of. Reef in the Sky and Sunnyx.

2.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
e23cc8b2.jpg


2.jpg


1.jpg


4.jpg


DSC_0122.jpg


e23cc8b2.jpg
 
Great pics everybody. Never imaged this thread would be still running strong :)

I'm about to completely redo my 220 this week, so I'll have to post up pictures of my new 'scape :plane:
 
good inspiration for a redo in the future for anyone with these pictures...some really healthy tanks out there
 
Great looking setups everyone! The boomies and minimal rockwork is the way to go. ;) These sorts of setups look great with stags growing out to great heights. My fish also appreciate the extra room to swim. Oh, and flow is MUCH easier to handle and deal with when you have minimal obstructions.

Here is my 3.5 month old 72*36*22 Rimless Reef


DSC_0226-3.jpg


Sonny


This is really cool. Love the minimalistic aquascape
 
I guess now that I have a tank that's larger than 180g I should contribute, here is my "custom" 210g. It's longer than a standard 210g, I wanna say its 84"x24"x24".
_MG_9559_zps30242cc2.jpg


_MG_9562_zpsb5983507.jpg


_MG_9561_zps3a3ab192.jpg


Not an advertisement but, I used macro rocks.com's Live rock mortar. I used an angle grinder with a masonry wheel to go thru and shape the rocks, and to make little flat spots where i could super glue frags onto. then for about 90% of the rockwork I used the standard stacking technique using the mortar to hold it all together. Then for the other 10 percent I drilled the rocks and make PVC stands for them, then used mortar to hold them in place.

I highly recommend using an angled grinder, it makes shaping rocks much more simple. Just remember not to make the rock structure so big that its hard to lift... Like I did lol
 
Last edited:
Does are "regular" rocks that imported to Israel from Vietnam and Indonesia
and washed with Hydrochloric
(need to be very careful)
1-1.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new