Show off your Tangs

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is it now?

I got my mimic when it was about 4 inches and it was ok in my 72. now in the 90 he has gotten big and fat but still no aggression. He'll chase but only for a sec and no tail swatting. He knows he's the boss and wants to make sure everybody knows it too. He loves to swim around the tank in all sorts of ways so he's not bored.....yet

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How big is it now?

I got my mimic when it was about 4 inches and it was ok in my 72. now in the 90 he has gotten big and fat but still no aggression. He'll chase but only for a sec and no tail swatting. He knows he's the boss and wants to make sure everybody knows it too. He loves to swim around the tank in all sorts of ways so he's not bored.....yet

He's about 3 inches.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HairyGary I would think he'd be OK for a while as long as he has enough swim space. You'll just have to watch for aggression when he gets bigger.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@HairyGary I would think he'd be OK for a while as long as he has enough swim space. You'll just have to watch for aggression when he gets bigger.
There will be plenty of that and flow. I'll know on Sunday when I pick him up.

aquariumreefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more tang to show off awesome piebaldfroms Hawaiian waters.

IMG_20180221_205448_092.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the powderblue is in first, you've got a challenge on your hands - but generally, you're more likely to be able to get away with tangs of a different genus; Zebrasoma, Ctenochaetus, Paracanthurus or Naso, for instance. Can you remove the powderblue (possibly _the_ most aggressive tang) temporarily, while the newbies get established? Can you use a social acclimation box? Can you add a couple or a few tangs at the same time?

What size tank?

~Bruce

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the powderblue is in first, you've got a challenge on your hands - but generally, you're more likely to be able to get away with tangs of a different genus; Zebrasoma, Ctenochaetus, Paracanthurus or Naso, for instance. Can you remove the powderblue (possibly _the_ most aggressive tang) temporarily, while the newbies get established? Can you use a social acclimation box? Can you add a couple or a few tangs at the same time?

What size tank?

~Bruce

Thank you for the reply I have a sailfin, purple and a hippo I’ve always wanted a powder blue and will like to try this time around. I have one in qt that I got for a family member and it made me fall in love more[emoji23] I do have a acc box cause of my love for wrasses.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back