Show off your Tangs

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three amigo! Dussemeri, Fowler and Achilles Tang’s! Thanks

12C6C4FE-A7D0-4A43-B63C-E5D051796FE1.jpeg 0AC11220-7E84-46CA-A5E0-B5F965560289.jpeg

mikefirefox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love tangs. I am a Tang Addict and will probably be in the Tang Police wanted list after this post! Btw, thanks to all of you tang lovers who have contributed to this awesome thread, I remain inspired by each post.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a Yellow Eye Kole Tang, but with the coronavirus disrupting the whole supply chain and the trade war between China and the US, I’ve 60% given up and might just get two Henis instead. Ah, the joys of being a Chinese reefer.

Sure I can settle for a Tomini but I don’t think it looks nearly as beautiful, the Squaretail from the Indian Ocean is only imported sporadically which means I won’t be able to choose the size I want (3-4”). Heck many of the sellers in my place are getting Yellows only sporadically since the coronavirus worsened in the US.

I’m foreseeing a long time before I can get any Tang in my tank, once it’s set up.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a Yellow Eye Kole Tang, but with the coronavirus disrupting the whole supply chain and the trade war between China and the US, I’ve 60% given up and might just get two Henis instead. Ah, the joys of being a Chinese reefer.

Sure I can settle for a Tomini but I don’t think it looks nearly as beautiful, the Squaretail from the Indian Ocean is only imported sporadically which means I won’t be able to choose the size I want (3-4”). Heck many of the sellers in my place are getting Yellows only sporadically since the coronavirus worsened in the US.

I’m foreseeing a long time before I can get any Tang in my tank, once it’s set up.
Don't the Chinese street markets have an amazing selection of saltwater fish available? Or is that in certain towns?

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never even heard of this one before seeing/buying it from Divers Den. Blue Lipped Bristletooth Tang (Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus - only described in 2001). Unclear based on Google image search how pretty or ugly it will be as an adult ;). Still in QT right now.

20200727_192956-1.jpg 20200727_193045-1.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting..........hope qt is a breeze

Don't we always hope that? :D He's doing well.... no signs of any disease, and eating great. One bonus, with Bristletooth tangs sort of potty training themselves, makes removing waste from the QT really easy LOL.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back