Show off your Tangs

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I think purples and yellows are around the same aggression scale"

I put my purple in with a yellow that was quite a bit larger. The purple dominated even tho it was smaller and is now about 6-7" long. The yellow just stopped growing after the introduction of the purple. Not sure if becoming the non alpha (I'm a dog guy too) causes stunting? Unfortunately I lost 2 yellows, a sailfin and kole from a velvet outbreak a few months ago. :loudly-crying-face:
That’s interesting - I was always under the belief that PTs and YTs had similar aggression. That purple is a beauty though!

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a few of my tangs

Attachments

• IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5168.jpeg
    IMG_5168.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5167.jpeg
    IMG_5167.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5166.jpeg
    IMG_5166.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5165.jpeg
    IMG_5165.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5164.jpeg
    IMG_5164.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 76

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other tangs in your tank?. I am looking to add same two fish with a yellow already established in the tank this weekend.Just trying to figure out the best way to do it.
Currently a Blonde Naso, 1 Yellow and Kole Tang. Recently lost my 21-year-old Purple Tang and 10-year Sohal Tang also lost one of my Yellow Tang's. I would never have attempted to add the Gem Tang or the Achilles Tang then.

As for the aggression the Gem Tang blended in perfectly but I'm having a little trouble with the Achilles, Yellow is picking on him just a little bit. Hoping they will work it out soon. The Naso and Kole were unfazed by the additions.

When adding them I made sure to have the tank well fed and added them from quarantine after sunset, tank is the most calm after the sun sets seeing that my tank is lit by natural sunlight.

Hope that helps.

Magik884

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I put my purple in with a yellow that was quite a bit larger. The purple dominated even tho it was smaller and is now about 6-7" long. The yellow just stopped growing after the introduction of the purple. Not sure if becoming the non alpha (I'm a dog guy too) causes stunting? Unfortunately I lost 2 yellows, a sailfin and kole from a velvet outbreak a few months ago. :loudly-crying-face:
Sorry for your loss. By dominate you
Currently a Blonde Naso, 1 Yellow and Kole Tang. Recently lost my 21-year-old Purple Tang and 10-year Sohal Tang also lost one of my Yellow Tang's. I would never have attempted to add the Gem Tang or the Achilles Tang then.

As for the aggression the Gem Tang blended in perfectly but I'm having a little trouble with the Achilles, Yellow is picking on him just a little bit. Hoping they will work it out soon. The Naso and Kole were unfazed by the additions.

When adding them I made sure to have the tank well fed and added them from quarantine after sunset, tank is the most calm after the sun sets seeing that my tank is lit by natural sunlight.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. I decided to sump the yellow he had a big fight with the convict. I will introduce all of the fish again this friday. Cross my fingers they will work it out.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This has happened to me i have a purple added powder blue half the size the purple has not grown since the powder blue is now bigger than the purple

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff Goldblum, my little baby @Biota_Marine yellow tang, is growing like a weed. The first photo was taken on 2/24, one month after I got him, and the 2nd is him from a few days ago, just about 2 months later!

055A2044.jpg
055A3114.jpg
Hi, Matt, may I share these photos? - Felicia Biota social media manager

guna24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off Topic: Little story about my reefing hobby: I do not know how many members are from India on this forum. I entered into the marine aquarium hobby couple of years ago, the day I watched yellow tang on youtube. I fallen in love with yellow tangs and I deliberately wanted this beauty in my tank. Since 2020, all the import has been stopped due to pandemic situation and no yellow tang available across the country, so far I'm still searching for my yellow cutie tang, but no luck. I contacted multiple ornamental fish importers here in India, and no one understand my love towards this fish. i.e., they said yellow tang will not be available forever in our country due to some restrictions.

I have been upgraded my tank from 40g to 90g (All are DIY, including DT, QT and Sump system), added few corals (Hammer, mushroom and polyps) though corals are strictly banned in India.

I do have Scopas Tang, Powder blue tang, going to buy Naso and Sailfin this week. I'm still searching yellow tang. A day will come, and I will surely post a pic of my yellow tang for sure. I really hope for that... I'm jealously watching the pics of yellows.... some have 2 in the tank, how lucky they are.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back