Show your nano aquarium here!

My JBJ45 is only a month old but it's coming along. Both my tanks are in the member section.

Equipment:
35lb Live Rock, 40 lb CaribSea Sand
AI Hydra 32 HD
2x JBJ FP-1000 Return Pumps
1x Platinum Slim Wave 1600 Wavemaker
1x Hygger HG-951 Wavemaker
2x Random Flow Generators (RFG) on return nozzles
ATO System Tunze Osmolator ATO with Trigger Systems 10G Reservoir
AquaMaxx MiniMax Pro Reactor
2x inTank Media Baskets (Chambers 1 & 6 Refugium, Chaeto)
ChaetoMax Refugium Light
ATO System Tunze Osmolator ATO with Trigger Systems 10G Reservoir
200W Hiyaitung Heater with Controller
Hygger cooling Fan


08/16/25 (A peaceful community??)
1755409756220.jpeg

1755410170188.png

Current live stock: Purple Firefish, Watchman Goby/w Tiger Pistol Shrimp, Paired MochaVincci Clownfish, 1 Conch, 2 blue Leg, 2 Scarlet Leg, 3 Trochs, and 2 nasarius snails.

What do you think? I spent half a day on the rock work.
 
My JBJ45 is only a month old but it's coming along. Both my tanks are in the member section.

Equipment:
35lb Live Rock, 40 lb CaribSea Sand
AI Hydra 32 HD
2x JBJ FP-1000 Return Pumps
1x Platinum Slim Wave 1600 Wavemaker
1x Hygger HG-951 Wavemaker
2x Random Flow Generators (RFG) on return nozzles
ATO System Tunze Osmolator ATO with Trigger Systems 10G Reservoir
AquaMaxx MiniMax Pro Reactor
2x inTank Media Baskets (Chambers 1 & 6 Refugium, Chaeto)
ChaetoMax Refugium Light
ATO System Tunze Osmolator ATO with Trigger Systems 10G Reservoir
200W Hiyaitung Heater with Controller
Hygger cooling Fan


08/16/25 (A peaceful community??)
1755409756220.jpeg

1755410170188.png

Current live stock: Purple Firefish, Watchman Goby/w Tiger Pistol Shrimp, Paired MochaVincci Clownfish, 1 Conch, 2 blue Leg, 2 Scarlet Leg, 3 Trochs, and 2 nasarius snails.

What do you think? I spent half a day on the rock work.
Looks good! Time for some macro algae or Coral
 
The last time I set up a small tank about the same size as what I aim working on now, I don't think they were called picos. But it seems that is what I am doing. I am in the first few days of setting up a 21 litre (about 4.6 gal) nano (pico) reef. I am doing everything wrong but will see how it goes. I am presently living within about 50 metres of the ocean and have collected shell grit from a corner of the beach which is also where I collected my sea water. I live a fair way from any towns and am hoping the water is pretty good here on the South Coast of NSW Australia. I have put about 3kg of live rock (from LFS) in and have a simple hob filter, a small heater I will probably upgrade as it gets up to about 75.1F, but I would like a degree or two more for some corals. Not intending to have fish just a CUC and coral.
I had a nano reef about 15 years ago and am amazed at the changes in technology in that time.
My first experience with marine tanks was way back in the late 70's when I worked in my sister's pet shop as the aquarium guy.
It will be interesting to see what happens. The plan at the moment is to let it cycle for about 6 weeks.
Comments and suggestions most welcome.
Here is a shot from 2 days in. I will change the rock layout a little bit and give it a black background. IMG_8093.jpg
 
New to the hobby. Here is my 7 month old 15 gallon HelloReef Clownfish & Anenome AIO tank with no Clowfish or Anenomes in it, lol. I wish I would have made my aquascape taller, but I’m learning a ton along the way.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8237.jpeg
    IMG_8237.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 200
No anemone problem over here
Beautiful! I was too paranoid to put anenomes in because I’m so new to this hobby. Now with some of the weird issues I’ve been having I almost wish I would’ve done clown fish and anemones. Especially considering that’s what the tank was built for.
 
My macro nano - the one that’s doing the best out of all 3, my 78l is doing pretty well and my 100l fell into neglect but is still doing pretty well.
IMG_4822.jpeg
 
My original nano - The one that restarted the addiction to nanos… I’m now at 3 in total 😆
IMG_4858.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg


The random lump of Gracilaria mammilaris that hitched in from my 48l Macro Tank… Not meant to be in there, but the Acros don’t mind an extra source of nutrient export.
 
My final nano!! The 78l.

I plan for this one to go into NPS coral - not 100% sure which ones exactly but definitely wanting some reds and oranges so looking at Chillis and Tubastrea.
IMG_4860.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new