Show your ride off

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you recommend a stingray as a daily driver? 50m a day?
i just fear the maintenance will kill me.

its between this or a cayman for me.. and i am trying to decide which one to get as my daily.

I do almost a hundred miles a day (~92 miles if I go directly to work and directly home) and it's a dream. I have the magnetic ride option, so I can make the suspension so stiff that it can bend rims on pot holes, or so soft that it feels smoother than my wife's Malibu. I also have the active exhaust option, so it can sound mean, or you can make it so you barely even hear the exhaust inside the car aside from hard acceleration.

The power lets me make lane changes safely when needed. Ok, that's just what I tell myself. The power actually lets me pass tanker trucks or LINES of cars in short passing zones on my 2 lane, hilly, curvy, 55 mph commute. The sound system is great. The ride is however you want it to be. The seats are comfortable. I literally do not have a complaint, especially in comparison to the C6. The C7 interior is just such a nice place to be. On top of that, I've been averaging 24+ miles per gallon including hard pulls. I got the manual (my first one), so I'm rarely if ever in Eco mode (auto is always in Eco unless you're in paddle shift mode). The autos routinely put up 26+ mpg and either transmission can hit 30+ if you have a flat highway commute.

I picked it up for $27k off MSRP with only 2,227 miles on it. That was in August. Prices are even lower in the winter months if you're considering used. I really wanted the Grand Sport (base engine, wide body), but when I started looking at the amazing used deals, I just couldn't justify buying a new one for ~$20k more than I paid.

I've only had the Stingray for a few months, but I just got out of a C6 Corvette that I did the same commute in. On the C6, I literally changed hood struts when I first got it and both ends of the shift selector when nylon bushings failed (literally $8, a screwdriver and pliers, and an hour each, including searching CorvetteForum for what I needed to do). Otherwise, the only other things I had to do maintenance-wise were tires, air filter, and oil over 60k miles. Tires can be a little pricey, but I think they would be about the same on the P-car.

The Cayman is a sweet car, too. Definitely my favorite Porsche in the looks department with the slightly longer body (well, ignoring the 918 WAYYYYY out of my price range). The Vette will probably be cheaper maintenance wise in the long run, though, and probably easier to work on. And it's faster. ;-)

I am a wealth of Corvette knowledge (mostly useless) because I was reading about this car before it even came out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

.......well, that turned into an essay. Sorry about that.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do almost a hundred miles a day (~92 miles if I go directly to work and directly home) and it's a dream. I have the magnetic ride option, so I can make the suspension so stiff that it can bend rims on pot holes, or so soft that it feels smoother than my wife's Malibu. I also have the active exhaust option, so it can sound mean, or you can make it so you barely even hear the exhaust inside the car aside from hard acceleration.

The power lets me make lane changes safely when needed. Ok, that's just what I tell myself. The power actually lets me pass tanker trucks or LINES of cars in short passing zones on my 2 lane, hilly, curvy, 55 mph commute. The sound system is great. The ride is however you want it to be. The seats are comfortable. I literally do not have a complaint, especially in comparison to the C6. The C7 interior is just such a nice place to be. On top of that, I've been averaging 24+ miles per gallon including hard pulls. I got the manual (my first one), so I'm rarely if ever in Eco mode (auto is always in Eco unless you're in paddle shift mode). The autos routinely put up 26+ mpg and either transmission can hit 30+ if you have a flat highway commute.

I picked it up for $27k off MSRP with only 2,227 miles on it. That was in August. Prices are even lower in the winter months if you're considering used. I really wanted the Grand Sport (base engine, wide body), but when I started looking at the amazing used deals, I just couldn't justify buying a new one for ~$20k more than I paid.

I've only had the Stingray for a few months, but I just got out of a C6 Corvette that I did the same commute in. On the C6, I literally changed hood struts when I first got it and both ends of the shift selector when nylon bushings failed (literally $8, a screwdriver and pliers, and an hour each, including searching CorvetteForum for what I needed to do). Otherwise, the only other things I had to do maintenance-wise were tires, air filter, and oil over 60k miles. Tires can be a little pricey, but I think they would be about the same on the P-car.

The Cayman is a sweet car, too. Definitely my favorite Porsche in the looks department with the slightly longer body (well, ignoring the 918 WAYYYYY out of my price range). The Vette will probably be cheaper maintenance wise in the long run, though, and probably easier to work on. And it's faster. ;-)

I am a wealth of Corvette knowledge (mostly useless) because I was reading about this car before it even came out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

.......well, that turned into an essay. Sorry about that.

epic! i really appreciate responses like yours because one - it shows how passionate you are about the car, and second you genuinely cared enough to go through the trouble of listing out everything.
usually - a response like "oh yeah - its great - get it! " is what i get.. lol

I am absolutely new to the vette line - know absolutely nothing about the different models, trims and categories of the car. So doing my research to see which one of the models fit my needs.
definitely need something that is easy on the gas, normal power and looks like a Z06 2lz that i have been eyeing... but i really dont need 650 horses... lol

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
epic! i really appreciate responses like yours because one - it shows how passionate you are about the car, and second you genuinely cared enough to go through the trouble of listing out everything.
usually - a response like "oh yeah - its great - get it! " is what i get.. lol

I am absolutely new to the vette line - know absolutely nothing about the different models, trims and categories of the car. So doing my research to see which one of the models fit my needs.
definitely need something that is easy on the gas, normal power and looks like a Z06 2lz that i have been eyeing... but i really dont need 650 horses... lol

You definitely want either 2LT/LZ or 3LT/LZ. They have all the goodies like adjustable bolsters, heads up display, ventilated seats, Bose stereo, etc. The only real difference between 2/3 is real napa leather everywhere instead of the vinyl leather (which is actually more resilient) and included navigation/PDR, but all of the Corvettes have the Google and Apple mirroring for your phone. PDR is basically a built in dashcam. It's pretty cool, but definitely not necessary.

You also definitely want Z51. Better brakes, better cooling, electronic limited slip differential, bigger wheels, better aero, magnetic ride, active exhaust, yada, yada, yada.

You might want to look at the Grand Sport. It's the Z06 body with the Stingray motor and a lot closer to the Stingray price. It includes all of the Z51 goodies, too.

TL;DR - Get a 2LT Stingray Z51 or a 2LT Grand Sport.

(Mine is a fully loaded '14. Literally every option. I just lucked out and got it for a deal too good to pass up.)

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a nissan gtr?

Yes 2015 Black Edition, Full Bolt On, 20 PSI on E85. Ben Linney Tuned.

Video:

Lamborghini Gallardo, Nissan GTR, Some Motorcycles, and a Toyota Supra

Supra:

Gallardo during build:

Yep, I'm a car nut that has been doing this for a while. Follow my builds on Instagram: Doostur

Thanks!

I thout it was, i myself am a car collector

It's gotten a little out of hand I admit.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daily driver [emoji5] 20170415_151709.jpg
Nice! :)

Here's mine. Round two. My first 2017 was totaled, this second 2017 is a carbon copy. I'm sure I posted the original one earlier in this thread.

i-cCxKSXs-L.jpg

AzReefn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! :)

Here's mine. Round two. My first 2017 was totaled, this second 2017 is a carbon copy. I'm sure I posted the original one earlier in this thread.

i-cCxKSXs-L.jpg

Very NICE!
I also had an 09 Rubi but sold it to buy a Grand Cherokee to tow my pontoon. This is my second too. I will always have a Wrangler...I love them!

Traded this (maroon JK) SNC00124.jpg

For this GC :(

Jeep GC.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess it would run in the 6.40 to 6.60 in 1/4 mile hard to say, it might mile an hour , the car on chassis fixture went 209 to the 1/8 with twin 605 cu in, at 2155#s now it should race at under 2000#s and more power ,car should run 235 mph In the 1/8 3.6ish
That's a beast. Thanks for sharing man.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back