Shrimp ate my clove polyps

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
I wouldn't of believe dit if I hadn't caught her doing it. Has this happened before? Hasn't messed with anything else. Could the cloves have been dying/dead so it ripped them off the rock?

Got them 3 days ago they were a freebie with the order, they didn't look great when they came in but I was starting to see some of the flowery heads start to peak out on the really brown parts.

Im not even mad I was cracking up. I turned in the living room light to the shrimp flash jumping off the cloves bringing a tangle with it, it looked so guilty haha.

Screenshot_20201009-205249_Gallery.jpg

BRS
OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
BAHAHAHA I don't see how! She always swims to the surface and steals all the fish's food!

OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
That's what shrimp do.....
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up

Maxout

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up
They are opportunistic...will tear apart nems and lps to steal thier food as well .

OP
Glass Algae

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
the shrimp was my second inhabitant after my clown, i dont have any other live stock besides coral, never had a problem with the irritation before. I feed it and the clown 2 times daily , will just keep an eye on my scoly, dendro, and acans!

Are you LAB TESTING your water parameters?

• YES I do or have

Votes: 167 41.1%
  • NO

Votes: 115 28.3%
  • No, But want to in the future.

Votes: 120 29.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors