Shrimp ate my clove polyps

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
799
Reaction score
886
Location
Portland, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't of believe dit if I hadn't caught her doing it. Has this happened before? Hasn't messed with anything else. Could the cloves have been dying/dead so it ripped them off the rock?

Got them 3 days ago they were a freebie with the order, they didn't look great when they came in but I was starting to see some of the flowery heads start to peak out on the really brown parts.

Im not even mad I was cracking up. I turned in the living room light to the shrimp flash jumping off the cloves bringing a tangle with it, it looked so guilty haha.

Screenshot_20201009-205249_Gallery.jpg
 
That's what shrimp do.....
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up
 
Is it? I thiught cleaner shrimps cleaned not ate clove fresh off the rock lolol. I wish I had videoed it. The shrimp even avoided me when I turned the light on to see what it had like it knew and was guilty I was cracking up
They are opportunistic...will tear apart nems and lps to steal thier food as well .
 
Yep. Mine ate all my nasty blue clove polyps as they were becoming a problem, as in spreading fast.
It was pepermint shrimps that ate mine and you cant find one in my tank, lol.
 
the shrimp was my second inhabitant after my clown, i dont have any other live stock besides coral, never had a problem with the irritation before. I feed it and the clown 2 times daily , will just keep an eye on my scoly, dendro, and acans!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new